Craig tablet Owners?

• Replies:11
Valerie Pharr
  • Forum posts: 5

Mar 3, 2012, 7:13:50 AM via Website

Does anybody else have a Craig Tablet, I myself have the CMP738b also listed as "rk2818sdk"?

Aaron Tilton
  • Forum posts: 838

Mar 5, 2012, 10:43:09 AM via Website

Wow, nope never heard of it. What's the tablet like? Would you recomend it to others?

Valerie Pharr

Mar 5, 2012, 4:32:35 PM via Website

To be completly honest, it's ok if all you wanna do is check emails and read ebooks.:wacko::. This certain model of tablets DOESN'T allow you to have the Android market or to get any apps from there either. Its comes with a pre-installed "market" alternative SAM 4.0 which is a third party program
So basicly you download at your own risk. And the battery drains super fast. The ONLY way I would recommened it is to someone who knows and has done their research on this tablet. I learned the hard way this is my 2nd tablet, my first one totally kicked the bucket! The term I guess is "BRICKED" thats when its complety not functioning.:huh:

Aaron Tilton

Mar 5, 2012, 5:26:15 PM via Website

Hmmm that sucks... you might want to consider rooting it and replacing the ROM as that might help the performance. But with such an obsecure tablet, I don't know if people are developing for it....

Valerie Pharr

Mar 5, 2012, 5:50:33 PM via Website

Yeah that's true. I've thought about rooting it, but I've read ALOT of horror stories that people have posted. But on the otherhand I've read some positive one's also just as long as its done correctly.But I have no idea how to do that,or where to get the correct software?

Aaron Tilton

Mar 5, 2012, 6:00:53 PM via Website

I'd check out XDA forums and do a fair bit of research. Its normally not horrid hard but you have to make sure you've gotten the right instructions before you do it. If you make sure to cross your ts and dot you is it's not that hard.

Valerie Pharr

Valerie Pharr

Mar 6, 2012, 8:28:59 AM via Website

I will definetly try that out. Thanks for the advice.

Aaron Tilton

Mar 6, 2012, 10:28:45 AM via Website

Hope it works out for you. Let us know if you get the craig tablet rooted and what methiod you use. It's always nice to get updates on rooting tabs that we can't get our hands on!

Valerie Pharr

Mar 7, 2012, 2:59:32 AM via Website

LOL thanks, will do.

ernest spiteri
  • Forum posts: 1

May 22, 2012, 2:51:27 PM via Website

Valerie Pharr
Does anybody else have a Craig Tablet, I myself have the CMP738b also listed as "rk2818sdk"?

Just got a 744a with a battery that doesn't hold charge. Any clues on how to open this thing to get to it?. I see 2 screws but there must be adhesive as well I'm guessing cuz it does kinda resemble a giant Ipod touch.

Eric McBride
  • Forum posts: 1,790

May 22, 2012, 3:24:02 PM via Website

ernest spiteri
Valerie Pharr

Just got a 744a with a battery that doesn't hold charge. Any clues on how to open this thing to get to it?. I see 2 screws but there must be adhesive as well I'm guessing cuz it does kinda resemble a giant Ipod touch.

Be really really careful if your gonna do that. Wouldnt want to void your warranty.

Deborah Willoughby
  • Forum posts: 1

Nov 3, 2012, 12:20:15 PM via Website

Valerie Pharr
I HAVE A tABLET IS THE ONE A CVS