Failed to authorize device

• Replies:6
Joseph Bellaire
  • Forum posts: 13

Mar 9, 2012, 10:19:02 PM via Website

Upgraded from a 7in mid tablet to a flytouch 6 10.2 in tablet. Love it. At least I can download most android apps without too much problems. My dilema right now is this: I downloaded akildo as my reader. Works well . Purchased ebooks from Books on Board. Some books are DRM protected, and request Adobe ID. which I've registyered for successfully. Th only problem is when I try to download after entering my ID, it states Failed to authorize device.(HELP)

Aaron Tilton
  • Forum posts: 838

Mar 12, 2012, 10:43:30 AM via Website

Some books are DRM protected, and request Adobe ID. which I've registyered for successfully. Th only problem is when I try to download after entering my ID, it states Failed to authorize device.(HELP)

Tried to download from what? From the ebaook reader or from the store? You might just not be logged in correctly. Have you tried logging out and then reopening the app?

Joseph Bellaire

Mar 12, 2012, 8:32:13 PM via Website

In my tablet I have Alkido reader and also bluefire reader with bluefire as my primary reader. If the the books I purchase from books on board are not DRM protected, they download on the reader with no problem. If the book is DRM protected, then my adobe ID comes up and says authorize device. I enter my adober ID and password and it says failed to authorize device.

Eric McBride
  • Forum posts: 1,790

Mar 12, 2012, 11:36:06 PM via Website

Thats odd...do you have that problem with Kindle, or can you open those books properly?

Joseph Bellaire

Mar 13, 2012, 9:11:24 PM via Website

I download the books from Books on Board and then the purchase is placed on my book shelf ready to be downloaded on my device( either Alkido or bluefire). At the moment Bluefire is my primary Ereader app on my tablet. When I try to download the books from my bookshelf. seeing they are DRM protected Adobe id comes up asking for my id and my password which I do successfully and will not recognize or authorize either device I have no problem downloading books to these two devices, if the books are not DRM protected.

Joseph Bellaire

Mar 20, 2012, 5:54:34 PM via Website

no problem with kindle, but if I download from kindle, the books are twice as expensivew. I have adopbe digital edition on my p,c, and no problem with the books, but it won't a;llow me to download from my bookshelf from books on board. The problem would be solved if my tablet allowed me to download the adobe digital edition app.

Eric McBride
  • Forum posts: 1,790

Apr 5, 2012, 4:55:41 PM via Website

Hmmm...that might be something you need to contact Adobe about. Have you tried emailing them?