how to swap sd cards with data on?

• Replies:1
kay cragg
  • Forum posts: 1

Mar 11, 2012, 7:41:14 PM via Website

i bought my htc chacha 2-3 months ago. Its was great until i had no storage space and i was unable to dowload some apps from the market and view some photos, music ect. i started with a 2gb sd card card, i just purchased a 4gb sd card, how do i swap the cards without losing any data? so i have the same apps and data on my phone but just with more storage space. Do i unmount/mount anything? any info would be so helpful its really beginning to annoy me :L
also i tried putting the data off my phone onto my laptop then on to my sd card but it didnt work and none of my music or media ect showed up, it also kept saying i didnt have enough storage eventhough the larger card was in the phone.

— modified on Mar 11, 2012, 11:11:08 PM

Aaron Tilton
  • Forum posts: 838

Mar 12, 2012, 11:35:30 AM via Website

You could either use a file manager to copy the important files to your phone internal memory and then move them one by one over to your new SD card, or your could just copy all the files to your HD, insert the new card and then plug the phone back into your computer and then move eveything back to the card.