Google Galaxy Nexus — Galaxy Nexus camera in low-lighting

• Replies:3
Steven Blum
  • Forum posts: 882

Mar 16, 2012, 12:18:56 PM via Website

Hi everyone,

So, I have been having issues with the camera on my Nexus. It seems the phone just won't take well-lit pictures indoors. They come out decent but you can definitely see the pixels if there isn't PERFECT lighting. Now, I know this is something that others have complained about so it's not just my phone or shooting style. However, I was wondering if anyone had any idea how to fix this problem. Mess with the white balance? Try taking with an app like "Retro Camera"? I'm hoping Instagram will make my photos look better, but I'm not holding my breath...

Alexandr Yurich
  • Forum posts: 13

Aug 8, 2013, 4:35:31 PM via Website

For instagram camera on nexus4 is enough <_<

Daniel Jones
  • Forum posts: 105

Aug 21, 2013, 9:03:43 AM via Website

Nexus camera itself provide you enough screens to capture snaps in different feel. Still if you are willing to use some app, give a try to camera 360 Ultimate.

I am Daniel Jones, Working with Kiwitech as app developer. I enjoy exploring apps on various mobile platforms.

Kris Carlon
  • Forum posts: 1,110

Aug 21, 2013, 6:31:52 PM via Website

I don't have a Nexus in front of me to check, but you need to make some manual changes to your camera settings to fix ''noise'' in a low-light photograph. If you bump up the ISO setting you'll make the sensor more sensitive to light, but you'll also get noise or ''grain'' in the picture. If you can keep the camera very stable, say on a table or tripod, try using a much slower shutter speed and keep the ISO to a minimum. Not even sure if ytou can control these on that device but it's standard digital camera rules!

Follow Kris on Google+ and Twitter / Forum Rules - Recommended for new AndroidPIT members! / Important to all community members: please read before posting