[App] PlanMyDay - time management for your daily activities

• Replies:26
Klaus R.
  • Forum posts: 38

Mar 25, 2012, 11:11:12 PM via Website

Hello together,

after publishing my app for PalmOS and later for webOS, now I've moved to Android, and want to introduce the Beta-version of my app here:

PlanMyDay - an easy to use time planning app, to plan all the activities, you want to do today

PlanMyDay is more than just a task manager, because it allows to plan and to prioritize tasks.

Each task gets associated a duration and other attributes associated. Then all tasks can be ordered by their importance, simply by changing the order, This allows at any time an overview, which tasks can be done in which time frame.

You can check in the current task, i.e. the elapsed time is counted. At the same time, the time planning for the following Tasks gets continuously updated.

So you have a continuous overview, of how much time is left for the day.

Some screenshots:

More infos and screenshots can be found on Google Play at:
https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=de.regerclan.planmyday

I would appreciate very much your suggestions!

Cheers, Klaus

— modified on Apr 7, 2012, 7:00:21 PM

Klaus R.

Apr 1, 2012, 8:17:45 PM via Website

1. Show this change log every time, a new version of PlanMyDay was installed
  2. Added correct links to Google-Play
  3. Menus reorganized
  4. Bugfix: Crash on Preferences (ICS) fixed
  5. Google tasks import improved

Klaus R.

Apr 7, 2012, 7:01:14 PM via Website

New functions:

• Improved calculations in title display
  • Title display user configurable
  • Finish task with long press of check in/out icon
  • Show remaining time instead of duration for tasks
  • Move done tasks to end
  • Added a link to the Forum entry for PlanMyDay

Please check out, test and give me some feedback. Thanks!

Klaus R.

Apr 15, 2012, 5:15:53 PM via Website

New funtions:

- New preference for default duration
- Remember import settings
- Icons and design improved
- Icon for status '100 % done'
- American time format

As always: please check out and giv me your feedback! Thanks.

Ronnie V.
  • Forum posts: 7

Apr 15, 2012, 5:30:32 PM via Website

Thats great app.. Very different with the percentage of completion thing. Thanks for sharing.

Do check out this app here in your leisure time or when you you feel bored of coding, take a break and try this out.

Eric McBride
  • Forum posts: 1,790

Apr 17, 2012, 3:41:07 PM via Website

This app looks REALLY nice. Congrats on your release. :grin:

Klaus R.

Apr 17, 2012, 3:49:41 PM via Website

Eric McBride
This app looks REALLY nice. Congrats on your release. :grin:

Thank you very much! I always enjoy suggestions and (positive) reviews on Google Play :grin:

Klaus R.

Apr 23, 2012, 1:57:29 PM via Website

which brings the following new features:

• Notification for tasks, that reach the 100% limit
  • App runs from Android 2.2 on

Have fun with testing.

Greetings, Klaus

Klaus R.

May 11, 2012, 2:08:40 PM via Website

New features:

- Home screen widget (experimental)
- Description text is scaled, depending on length
- Some tasks to 'play' on very first install
- New icon

And now: please check it out and give me your feedback!

Cheers, Klaus

Klaus R.

Jun 19, 2012, 2:38:08 PM via Website

The new version 0.99.3 is out, with great new features:

• Automatic scheduler, which makes a suggestion for the best way to complete the tasks
  • Move timed tasks to the right place automatically
  • New preference: Allow multiple check-in's
  • Priorities can be imported and edited
  • Optical improvements on task list

Try it out, and be successful with PlanMyDay. And please give me constructive feedback!

Greetings, Klaus

Klaus R.

Jul 1, 2012, 11:47:20 AM via Website

Ok, the next version of PlanMyDay (0.99.4) is out now! New Features

• Fast adding of tasks
  • Please notice: FAQ for task-import-format
  • ICS-Design improved

As always: please try out and tell me your ideas and feedback!

Cheers, Klaus

Klaus R.

Jul 17, 2012, 1:39:03 PM via Website

Next version of PlanMyDay is here!

Improvements:
  • Cosmetic improvements to better match Android standards
  • Extendend time for Beta phase
  • Tested on Android Jelly-Bean (4.1)

Have fun, while testing, Klaus

Klaus R.

Aug 21, 2012, 1:43:50 PM via Website

It goes on ... the next version of PlanMyDay is ready.

Expect the following new features:

• Important: The green check-in icon is exchanged with the red check-out icon
  • Better scaling of font size on different devices
  • Improved notification icon
  • Added Quick-Actions for better navigation on tasks
  • Ask before canceling an unsaved task
  • Icons adapted to Android 4.x
  • Bugfix: The note is no longer ignored, when editing a task
  • Bugfix: Rare crash, when reordering tasks, fixed

Please test, and review and have fun!

Cheers, Klaus

Klaus R.

Aug 26, 2012, 5:01:17 PM via Website

New version of PlanMyDay is here, with the following new features:

• It's now possible to enter any duration between 0.00 and 23.59 hours
  • Notifications configurable (vibration, alarm, LED)
  • Bugfix: Duration is saved again after editing

Please test (especially the new LED-Notification on the devices, that support it) and give me feedback.

Thanks, Klaus

Klaus R.

Dec 11, 2012, 2:49:38 PM via Website

Again, a new Version of PlanMyDay (0.99.13) is ready to test.

New features:
  • Dragging tasks improved optically and by handling
  • Battery-Improvements
  • Bugfix: Continuously percentage calculation works again
  • Bugfix: Toodledo-Login problem fixed

Have fun, Klaus

Klaus R.

Feb 20, 2013, 2:30:27 PM via Website

New features, to detect in Version 0.99.17 of PlanMyDay:

• Preferences simplified
  • Task summary compacted
  • Stability improved
  • Preference, to include Calendar timings in summary calculations
  • Bugfix for Android 2.2: App continues after entering Tasks
  • New Icon-design
  • Task summary on the bottom
  • Recalculation improved
  • Help for quick-add function
  • Calendars can be imported. This function is tested on Google and Samsung models. If it should not work on your device, please inform me!
  • When importing from Google and Toodledo, only tasks of the imported type get deleted.
  • Bugfix: multiple-checkin setting works again
  • Finished tasks can now also be closed on Toodledo automatically

Please test and give me feedback.

Thanks, Klaus

Terri
  • Forum posts: 4

Mar 18, 2013, 8:26:55 PM via Website

Klaus, I truly love and have come to depend on your app. ADHD adds to my tendency to get distracted and overplan my days, which leads to a lot of frustration. With your app, I have been able to alleviate this frustration so much, so thank you.

I do have some suggestions/requests, and not being familiar with developing apps, they may or may not be feasible, so please keep this in mind during your review of my post.

-Entry: when pressing the '+' to quick-enter a new task, cursor should be placed in field and automatically pop up keyboard.

-Sharing between Apps: in several apps, such as the app I use for my to do list (MyLifeOrganized), there is the ability to 'share' the task with another app. Wondering if this could be utilized in PlanMyDay for ease of moving tasks from task lists to PlanMyDay.

-Scheduling in Advance: Is it possible to create a mechanism for scheduling in advance? For example, I have several recurring tasks that repeat weekly. Rather than clutter a calendar, would it be possible to pre-schedule these tasks on their due day? It would also allow users to better plan the next day the evening before, since it can be difficult to determine the scope of next day the way the app is currently.

-Bulk change option: in using Scheduler, I sometimes try to group tasks that occur in the same place, or similar in some other way. A 'bulk change' option would allow a user to change several tasks at once for things such as priority, active/inactive status, etc. (the Android app DGT GTD has this option, FYI, if you'd like to check it out)

Just a few things on my wish list, but please know the app as it is, has been a lifesaver to me. Thanks for taking time to review my list. I rarely make suggestions to developers, but my enthusiasm for your app prompted me to contact you here.

Thanks again for a stellar app!

T. Hine

Klaus R.

Mar 18, 2013, 10:47:25 PM via Website

Terri
-Entry: when pressing the '+' to quick-enter a new task, cursor should be placed in field and automatically pop up keyboard.

-Sharing between Apps: in several apps, such as the app I use for my to do list (MyLifeOrganized), there is the ability to 'share' the task with another app. Wondering if this could be utilized in PlanMyDay for ease of moving tasks from task lists to PlanMyDay.

-Scheduling in Advance: Is it possible to create a mechanism for scheduling in advance? For example, I have several recurring tasks that repeat weekly. Rather than clutter a calendar, would it be possible to pre-schedule these tasks on their due day? It would also allow users to better plan the next day the evening before, since it can be difficult to determine the scope of next day the way the app is currently.

-Bulk change option: in using Scheduler, I sometimes try to group tasks that occur in the same place, or similar in some other way. A 'bulk change' option would allow a user to change several tasks at once for things such as priority, active/inactive status, etc. (the Android app DGT GTD has this option, FYI, if you'd like to check it out)

Hi, Terri, thank you for your continuous support. I am very glad, to see, that my app helps you being productive.

Some comments to your suggestions;

-Entry: Have set this on my TODO-List, should be relatively easy to implement and is a good idea

-Sharing between Apps: Do you mean, that I use the share option from another app to include the content into PlanMyDay, or share from PlanMyDay to other Apps? Whatever, seems a good idea to me!

-Scheduling in Advance: This use case I solve, using recurring tasks in Toodledo. Every morning I import the daily tasks from Toodledo and calendar, schedule them, and work on them one by one. I want to keep may app as simple as possible, focusing on things, that are not done by other apps, as DGT GTD for example

-Bulk change option: This would introduce too much complexity too for the moment into my app. I'm getting feedback, that PlanMyDay is already too complicated for some people, so I am not shure, if I should implement such features.

I am appreciating very much your suggestions, and will try to add your useful features as soon as possible.

Thanks & greetings

Klaus

Terri

Mar 19, 2013, 6:27:49 PM via Website

Quote: -Sharing between Apps: Do you mean, that I use the share option from another app to include the content into PlanMyDay, or share from PlanMyDay to other Apps? Whatever, seems a good idea to me!

I mean share from other app to PlanMyDay, so items from my master task list can be copied to PlanMyDay, rather than the copy/paste I'm doing now.

Thanks so much for replying so quickly to my post and I appreciate you taking some of my thoughts into consideration. I've never really tried ToodleDo and kind of ignored the reference to it in the app, but I will check it out, maybe it will help with some of things I'm trying to do. FWIW, I find your app so straight forward and user friendly, but I understand your focus on wanting to develop a slick, streamlined app. I know nothing about programming, so just wanted to see what was possible.

Thanks again! I must go, I have several more tasks in PlanMyDay to accomplish :)

Terri

Thomas Peng
  • Forum posts: 10

Mar 22, 2013, 10:10:59 AM via Website

suggest improve on UI

Klaus R.

Mar 22, 2013, 10:30:19 AM via Website

Thomas Peng
suggest improve on UI

What should be improved specially? Could you explain please?

Klaus

— modified on Mar 22, 2013, 10:30:30 AM

Terri

May 7, 2013, 3:12:41 PM via Website

Klaus,

Thank you for implementing the share feature. Unfortunately, this is causing a force close of Plan my Day. I have attempted this from 2 different apps: DGT and My Life Organized. In both cases, I received a message that Plan My Day stopped unexpectedly.

I am using the work around you suggested, using ToodleDo, so I am able to get my recurring tasks imported quickly. However, my one-off tasks & project tasks I keep in MLO & it would be great if I could quickly share these tasks with Plan My Day as well.

Just thought you might like some feedback on this issue.

Terri Hine

— modified on May 7, 2013, 3:13:39 PM

Terri

Jun 11, 2013, 5:26:55 PM via Website

Klaus,

Just an update to my previous post. This seems to happen only when Plan My Day is not open. When already open, the share feature works as expected.

Contactive Dave
  • Forum posts: 10

Jun 11, 2013, 9:44:35 PM via Website

Sweet, sounds nice I'll give this app a go. Would you be interested in testing mine out as well? :)

Deactivated Account
  • Forum posts: 1

Jul 2, 2013, 4:46:13 PM via Website

I've been looking for an apps that let me schedule my daily tasks like I used to do with my Moleskine, and PlayMyDay is definitely a very functional and practical apps to achieve this target. My only feature is that, it's good to let me import my Google Task, but i would be very helpful if I could choose to import only today's tasks instead of all of the Google task. It's just too difficult to plan my daily activities when there are more than 50 tasks imported from Google.

Thanks again for creating this great apps!

Estis
  • Forum posts: 6

Jul 3, 2013, 11:54:22 AM via Website

Thanks for sharing! Will try it later today.