Instagram not compatible with my phone?

• Replies:21
  • Closed
Kelly N.
  • Forum posts: 1

Apr 4, 2012, 10:32:40 AM via Website

Hi, I tried downloading instagram - and got the message that it isn't compatible with my phone. I see that instagram needs android2.2 which my phone has - so I don't understand why it is incompatible. can anyone tell me? thanks :)

(I have a huawei ideos)

alonsosamsonbudeyo

Eric McBride
  • Forum posts: 1,790

Apr 4, 2012, 6:06:51 PM via Website

Hmm..are you sure you have android 2.2. What chipset does your device run? Odd, as the devs said it should run on any android 2.2 device.

Have you tried emailing the devs to ask them?

Dirk Van de Vyver

Apr 6, 2012, 1:56:14 PM via Website

Same thing here, I don't see the app in the play store on my phone and on my computer is says that my phone is not compatible.
"This app is incompatible with your Proximus HUAWEI Ideos."

Android version 2.2.1 indeed.

alonso

vickiebrown
  • Forum posts: 3

Apr 8, 2012, 5:12:28 AM via App

Kelly N.
Hi, I tried downloading instagram - and got the message that it isn't compatible with my phone. I see that instagram needs android2.2 which my phone has - so I don't understand why it is incompatible. can anyone tell me? thanks :)

(I have a huawei ideos)

alonso

Scott McKenzie

May 17, 2012, 5:42:39 AM via Website

Same here sadly and I have a 2.2. Not sure what's the go there?

Eric McBride
  • Forum posts: 1,790

May 25, 2012, 3:44:27 PM via Website

I would really recommend emailing the dev guys. He can give you all the answers you need.

Daniel Smith

May 25, 2012, 8:40:14 PM via App

cant get google play up on my htc hero anyone able to help

sara

Jun 5, 2012, 8:01:50 AM via Website

Though instagram is compatible with Android 2.2 there are problems of instagram installation. It is mainly due to chipset. You have to upgrade your chipset to install this app

Ana Rivero

Jun 30, 2012, 8:54:26 PM via Website

how I made instagram work (was not compatible with my 2.2) was downloading the app Gingerbread 2.3 launcher and making it the default =)

— modified on Jun 30, 2012, 8:59:38 PM

quick mobile facts

Jul 3, 2012, 1:42:22 PM via Website

helpful!

Angela Green
  • Forum posts: 492

Jul 4, 2012, 2:01:45 PM via Website

I was an iphone user, and despite loving my android, I freak out when I have problems like this... Thank you for the useful info :)

Gabriela Castro

Dec 5, 2012, 3:25:44 AM via Website

how does the ginger bread launcher work

icebd

Feb 14, 2013, 7:48:33 AM via Website

i think you should try another way to use your smartphone. IT's may be replace Instagram by other apps which is support android 2.2.

Donnie King

Jan 9, 2014, 9:54:27 AM via Website

Just had this problem, had to factory reset my phone and voila

diane apostol

Jan 20, 2023, 3:34:46 PM via Website

Hi mat,
It seems to be a problem with the Android operating system from Google. Try wiping the Google Play Store's cache and then data to resolve the "your device is not compatible with this version of social app" problem. Then, restart the Google Play Store and try the app installation once more.

— modified on Jan 20, 2023, 3:39:50 PM

Lalitha Singh
  • Forum posts: 2

Apr 21, 2023, 11:28:33 AM via Website

Please use the anonymous Instagram viewer and SnapInsta downloader to view or download Instagram content from your browser.

Here are 2 useful resources:

• SnapInsta.vip

• Picuki.com

Zayn Malik

Jul 21, 2023, 9:06:32 AM via Website

I was also faced this problem with my Instagram app, then I simply uninstall the old version and install the latest version by download the app from Google play store. Then i also download the Instagram videos from storiessaver.org

Hope this will helpful for you.

Charlotte Percy

Jul 21, 2023, 10:06:55 AM via Website

It's possible that hardware or software requirements outside of the Android version are the cause of the Instagram compatibility problem you're now encountering. A minimum quantity of RAM, a certain processing speed, or other hardware characteristics could be needed by Instagram, requirements that your phone might not be able to satisfy. These specifications should all be met by your phone, therefore double-checking this might assist with the compatibility problem. You can try contacting Instagram's support staff for more help if the issue continues.

Charlotte Percy

Jul 28, 2023, 8:26:26 AM via Website

Hello! It seems like you are facing compatibility issues while trying to download Instagram on your Android phone. Let me try to help you understand why this might be happening.

Even though your phone is running Android 2.2, which technically meets the minimum requirement for Instagram, there could be other factors causing the incompatibility. One possibility is that the version of Instagram available for download is not the most recent one, and it may have higher system requirements than Android 2.2. Developers often update their apps to include new features and optimize performance, which may result in the app becoming incompatible with older devices or operating systems.

Another reason could be the hardware limitations of your phone. While it meets the Android version requirement, Instagram might demand more processing power, RAM, or other hardware features that your device lacks. As apps evolve, they tend to utilize newer technology and resources that older devices might not be able to handle effectively.

To address this issue, you can try the following steps:

Check for updates: Make sure your phone's operating system is up to date. Sometimes, newer updates may bring better compatibility with certain apps.

Clear cache and data: Go to your phone's settings, find the Apps or Application Manager section, locate Instagram, and then clear the cache and data. This can help resolve any temporary glitches.

Use an older version: Search for older versions of Instagram APKs online and try installing them. However, keep in mind that using outdated versions may result in missing features or security vulnerabilities.

Consider a newer phone: If none of the above solutions work, it might be time to consider upgrading to a newer Android phone that can support the latest versions of Instagram and other apps.

Now, regarding the "picnob, it appears that it might be a specific term or brand related to your phone or Instagram. However, as of my last update in September 2021, I don't have any information about the term "picnob" or its relevance to Instagram or Android compatibility issues. If "[picnob][1]" is a new development or feature, I apologize for not having up-to-date information on it.
In any case, I hope this explanation helps you understand why Instagram may not be working on your phone. If "picnob" has specific significance or if you have any more questions or need further assistance, feel free to provide more context, and I'll do my best to help you!

— modified on Jul 31, 2023, 12:08:44 PM

Jim121FC
  • Forum posts: 17

Sep 26, 2023, 8:06:40 AM via Website

I can tell you what worked for me, what i did was this closed the app and relaunch it.

etersonp

Nov 6, 2023, 2:51:34 PM via Website

Instagram is not compatible with your phone because it does not support OpenGL ES 2. OpenGL ES 2 is a graphics library that is required for Instagram to run properly. Some phones with Android 2.2 do not support OpenGL ES 2, which is why you are unable to install Instagram on your phone.

There is no workaround for this issue, and the only way to use Instagram on your phone is to upgrade to a newer phone that supports OpenGL ES 2.