How to transfer app from tablet to phone

• Replies:3
Abhishek Sharma
  • Forum posts: 1

Apr 5, 2012, 2:31:02 PM via Website

Hello all,
I am new to android pit. and to android too. I created an application for tablet. Now I want the same app to work for phone. So I created one more layout folder named layout-sw600dp, and this is working fine as far as text is concerned. Now my problem is in what manner should I keep my images in the folder so that images are taken properly by device.
I have three folder name drawable ldpi,mdpi,hdpi. and I had put different orientation image in these folder according to standards. But images are taken from these folder in accordance to density of emulator, but I want that it should take accordance with phone and tablet. I hope I made my self clear. In case of any discrepancy, feel free to ask.
Any help will appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Eric McBride
  • Forum posts: 1,790

Apr 5, 2012, 4:51:19 PM via Website

Welcome! Any developer around that could help here?

Sounds like you came a long way in development for someone new to Android!

vickiebrown
  • Forum posts: 3

Apr 8, 2012, 5:13:06 AM via App

Abhishek Sharma
Hello all,
I am new to android pit. and to android too. I created an application for tablet. Now I want the same app to work for phone. So I created one more layout folder named layout-sw600dp, and this is working fine as far as text is concerned. Now my problem is in what manner should I keep my images in the folder so that images are taken properly by device.
I have three folder name drawable ldpi,mdpi,hdpi. and I had put different orientation image in these folder according to standards. But images are taken from these folder in accordance to density of emulator, but I want that it should take accordance with phone and tablet. I hope I made my self clear. In case of any discrepancy, feel free to ask.

vickiebrown
  • Forum posts: 3

Apr 8, 2012, 5:13:15 AM via App

vickiebrown
Abhishek Sharma
Hello all,