Market to Google Play - unsupported device

• Replies:3
Hewitt Pam
  • Forum posts: 2

Apr 12, 2012, 9:13:03 PM via Website

Since the changeover from Android Market to Google Play, my G1 is now an unsupported device, and I am also having browser and GApp problems on my phone (browser not working, etc.). Does anyone know of a workaround for getting Google Play to work?

I know I can manually download apps as soon as I figure out how to save the .apk files directly to my PC instead.

Thanks in advance for any insight or suggestions.

Eric McBride
  • Forum posts: 1,790

Apr 17, 2012, 4:50:08 PM via Website

I think I remember reading that this device unfortunately dont be supported. I ll look around again to double check. It could be that if you root it that it might work, but I cant confirm that either. I use to have this phone (was my first android phone). LOVED it. Sad to see its not so supported anymore :(

Hewitt Pam
  • Forum posts: 2

Apr 17, 2012, 5:55:16 PM via Website

UPDATE: Google Play does not allow me to download apps to my PC to be manually installed on my phone, but I did find several other app stores that will work, including one from Opera Mini.:grin:

julierezal
  • Forum posts: 1

Apr 18, 2012, 12:28:32 AM via App

Hewitt Pam
Since the changeover from Android Market to Google Play, my G1 is now an unsupported device, and I am also having browser and GApp problems on my phone (browser not working, etc.). Does anyone know of a workaround for getting Google Play to work?

I know I can manually download apps as soon as I figure out how to save the .apk files directly to my PC instead.

Thanks in advance for any insight or suggestions.