Another converter question! ( .jar to .apk )

• Replies:9
Jason
  • Forum posts: 1

Apr 18, 2012, 6:09:31 AM via Website

Basically, just as the title states. Can anyone on this planet tell or show me how to convert a .jar file to a .apk file. Required for this certain software to work on my phone, which is an HTC Inspire 4G, not EVO. ( I didn't see the Inspire on the list when I was setting up my profile. PLEASE ANYONE! I'LL PAY TO GET THIS THING WORKING!

Jeremiah
  • Forum posts: 775

Apr 24, 2012, 3:16:45 AM via Website

.jar files don't directly convert to .apk files. An .apk file is an android application file; it is a variant of .jar file format. A .jar is a java archive. Whle both are zip file compressed. But your not going to take a .jar (java program) and convert it to .apk and expect it to run on android.

wendy hale
  • Forum posts: 2

May 7, 2012, 5:08:08 AM via Website

there is hidden messages in the file that tell you where to go and get certain files that will open up other files in the program. Are you talking about cell control remote install if so let me know cause i think once some files are open they gonna have to be transfered back to computer to be broke to apk then back to the phone cause once the other file opened they were tar. files on the phone but already had been converted to apk its really crazy i been trying to get it open for two weeks now but i think i almost got it

wendy hale

May 7, 2012, 5:11:51 AM via Website

ok i bought a phone spy program why wont a jar convert to apk and work on droid

Daisy M.

May 9, 2012, 11:13:02 AM via Website

Hi!

I am in the same pit as the guy who posted teh question. Please share how to do it, stepwise, if you dont mind, please.

Eric McBride
  • Forum posts: 1,790

May 9, 2012, 5:43:25 PM via Website

Jeremiah
.jar files don't directly convert to .apk files. An .apk file is an android application file; it is a variant of .jar file format. A .jar is a java archive. Whle both are zip file compressed. But your not going to take a .jar (java program) and convert it to .apk and expect it to run on android.

You guys should read what Jeremiah posted again :wink:

Kevin Scott

Jun 1, 2012, 2:51:25 PM via Website

Eric McBride
Jeremiah

You guys should read what Jeremiah posted again :wink:

Based on what Jeremiah posted, wouldn't it just be easier to buy a non android phone & use that phone to download the cell control file? Instead of going through the hassle & frustration of file conversion. BUT does anyone know if cell control can be used calling from non android to android phones? Will it work? ANY help is greatly appreciated.

flavorfav
  • Forum posts: 3

Jul 19, 2012, 10:12:06 PM via Website

I too am trying to install this cell remote software and man is it difficult. It is .jar and I need to convert it to .apk. I saw where you were working with this, did you figure it out? I really need help here.

flavorfav
  • Forum posts: 3

Jul 19, 2012, 10:20:31 PM via Website

If you have figured this out please tell me so I can get this software on my phone. I have the cell remote software to and I have an HTC EVO 4g

Pete Painter

Dec 8, 2015, 6:28:51 PM via Website

Hi I think a java emulator that work is needed for this to work - running jellybean - has anyone got any suggestions?