re-installing older version of an app?

• Replies:4
francis g.
  • Forum posts: 2

Apr 25, 2012, 1:57:30 AM via Website

hello

I have a rooted kindle fire. until today I was using an app called ras mobile (version1.3.1) and which worked great all along until I was stupid enough to update it to version 1.6 today in the android market. it now just crashes hopelessly everytime I run the app.

is there a place on my kindle where the old apk is stored so that I could just reinstall that? I have looked all over the net for version 1.3.1 or lower but I keep getting redirected to the android market which only has the most up to date version. very very frustrating that the "update" has killed a major use for my kindle.

I never backed up anything prior to this update, this update really has messed me up.

thanks for any help

Andreas V.
  • Admin
  • Forum posts: 7,352

Apr 25, 2012, 6:34:16 AM via App

Hi Francis,

welcome to AndroidPIT!

Unfortunately the only way is to contact the developer if he can offer you the older version. On the other Hand you can tell him witch problems you have and her can fix it in the new version.

I use App Monster to make Backups from my apps, so I can switch to a previous version if I encounter problems :wink:

Eric McBride
  • Forum posts: 1,790

Apr 25, 2012, 3:46:24 PM via Website

Käpt'n Andreas V.
Hi Francis,

welcome to AndroidPIT!

Unfortunately the only way is to contact the developer if he can offer you the older version. On the other Hand you can tell him witch problems you have and her can fix it in the new version.

I use App Monster to make Backups from my apps, so I can switch to a previous version if I encounter problems :wink:

+1 Most of the time devs keep previous versions loaded somewhere on the net or in their files. You could also try Googling "ras mobile apk file 1.3" as long as its a free app. Just be sure to scan the file with a virus scanner should you choose to install it. I would recommend contacting the dev first though.

francis g.
  • Forum posts: 2

Apr 26, 2012, 3:04:06 PM via Website

thanks for the replies, ive searched high and low for any other version of the app but none are to be found anywhere. every single search ive tried brings me back to the android market.

ive now also emailed the developers 4 times since Monday without reply

Eric McBride
  • Forum posts: 1,790

May 2, 2012, 6:08:04 PM via Website

That really sucks. If the app is free, you could try googling the name of the app plus "apk" at the end of the search. Be sure to run them through virus scanners before installing if you find one though. I would really recommend waiting for the devs to hopefully reply.