Android as Bluetooth slave

• Replies:4
Nick Modly
  • Forum posts: 1

May 2, 2012, 1:53:33 AM via Website

Typically, when connecting a bluetooth device (such as a headset) to the Android, the android acts as the Master, and the device as the slave. Is it possible to use an android as a bluetooth slave device - for example, as a microphone for a PS3? Does this functionality exist built-in or in a well known app, or is this something I should build from scratch?

If it is the latter, can anyone give me some tips for working with the bluetooth settings on the phone, or post a link to a good guide on the topic? (I have some experience working with wifi settings in developing android apps, but never bluetooth)

Thanks,
Nick

Eric McBride
  • Forum posts: 1,790

May 2, 2012, 3:27:25 PM via Website

Sounds like a developer related question. Jeremiah, you around to help on this?

Also, have you posted this question over at Xda Developers?

Jeremiah
  • Forum posts: 775

May 2, 2012, 7:11:41 PM via Website

I've never worked with bluetooth either. I'd go with Eric's suggestion and try posting for help on Xda developers. Another good site is andev.org, http://www.anddev.org/index.php

Ellingston Clark
  • Forum posts: 2

Jan 13, 2014, 5:40:44 AM via Website

Hi NIck, my name is El. I saw your post from almost a year ago about if you could use an android phone as a bluetooth slave. I have the same question. Did you ever get an answer to your question from anywhere?

Ellingston Clark
  • Forum posts: 2

Jan 13, 2014, 5:43:36 AM via Website

Hi Nick, El again. I'm also interested in the fact that you have some experience with wifi and android devices (smart phones I believe). Please respond if you have time. Thanks.