Indie dev out of Indianapolis.

• Replies:12
Joseph Truax
  • Forum posts: 17

May 21, 2012, 6:26:18 AM via Website

Hi guys, I'm new here. I've been working for 8 months on my first game. We went live about 3 months ago and have been working on a major update since. We are about to launch the update and make or presence known.

I hope you like our work. everyone i've showed my game to had said "this is the next Angry Birds" I hope so!

Thanks for listening. I hope you accept us a part of the community. We work hard and can't wait to create the other 30 awesome apps we've designed. Thanks for your time.

Regards,

-Joe

Jeremiah
  • Forum posts: 775

May 22, 2012, 4:50:38 AM via Website

Hi Joe, welcome to the forums ;) Looking forward to playing your game.

Joseph Truax

May 22, 2012, 6:40:33 AM via Website

Thank you so much. We are almost done with our update. Have been working on it for the last 70 hours. Probably have 10
hours of work left. We are getting super excited!

Eric McBride
  • Forum posts: 1,790

May 22, 2012, 3:44:06 PM via Website

Welcome Joseph!

I hope you enjoy the forums, and let us know when your game is done!

Any hints on what kind of game it is? B)

Joseph Truax

May 23, 2012, 7:13:08 PM via Website

Well, it is a retro action/arcade game. A top down perspective. It is like Asteroids, but without any guns. Has a comic book feel to it. I can tell you what it is, I just don't want to get in trouble for spam. The game is live on Google Play already, I just haven't marketed it. I want to make sure it is completely ready before I tell the world. Got to have these leaderboards complete before I do anything. The statistic tracking is working very well, and we should have the final version of the game in just a few hours.

I'm also trying to figure out how to set up a public beta, so that I may get some feedback. Any suggestions on how to do this would be greatly appreciated.

I can't wait to give away gifts and prizes from these leaderboard competitions. I am also going to be giving things away at certain download milestones. I will post these milestones to our Facebook page when I receive the final version. After 250,000 downloads, I will be giving things away everyday. Every single day, users will have the chance to win some very nice prizes/gifts. People like free, and I will have all the free stuff they will ever want.

— modified on May 23, 2012, 7:16:18 PM

Eric McBride
  • Forum posts: 1,790

May 25, 2012, 2:30:32 PM via Website

Joseph Truax
Well, it is a retro action/arcade game. A top down perspective. It is like Asteroids, but without any guns. Has a comic book feel to it. I can tell you what it is, I just don't want to get in trouble for spam. The game is live on Google Play already, I just haven't marketed it. I want to make sure it is completely ready before I tell the world. Got to have these leaderboards complete before I do anything. The statistic tracking is working very well, and we should have the final version of the game in just a few hours.

I'm also trying to figure out how to set up a public beta, so that I may get some feedback. Any suggestions on how to do this would be greatly appreciated.

I can't wait to give away gifts and prizes from these leaderboard competitions. I am also going to be giving things away at certain download milestones. I will post these milestones to our Facebook page when I receive the final version. After 250,000 downloads, I will be giving things away everyday. Every single day, users will have the chance to win some very nice prizes/gifts. People like free, and I will have all the free stuff they will ever want.

Sounds good! Be sure to keep us posted on its progress!

Joseph Truax

May 27, 2012, 9:06:54 PM via Website

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zm12ad1RzhA

This is a link to our YouTube instructional video. Please, let me know what you think. I'm sorry if I posted in the wrong place, but I figured that you want to see our progress. I hope you enjoy. Thanks.

Joseph Truax

Jun 2, 2012, 3:33:07 AM via Website

This is an updated.flv of the instructional video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p8HVUPx6NIU Did you guys know that iTunes cannot read annotations placed in a YouTube video through the YouTube editing software?

Joseph Truax

Jun 22, 2012, 4:00:53 AM via Website

Version 2.7.4 is live! Leaderboards are up and running, and we are starting our race to 5,000 downloads. When we hit this number, we will give away, at random, 3 $100 gift cards, and 2 $50 gift cards. That's a 1 in 1000 chance of winning! Get in early to receive multiple chances to win as we reach our goals. We are ready to give stuff away.

As Indie developers, we really appreciate the opportunity to be amongst giants, and we hope that you support our efforts and help us rise. Is time for change. Video game monotony is setting in. this game is a gateway game. A chance to bills revenue and to build all of our other concepts. A gaming company for the people, by the people. We can't wait to help your ideas flourish. When we make it, we want to develop your ideas with our funds. We will be a startup incubator. This is only the beginning. Support us, we will support you.

Thanks everyone, and enjoy.

infamouspete
  • Forum posts: 94

Jul 6, 2012, 10:54:25 AM via Website

hello there! congrats on your app! i think it's fun and entertaining! glad to know this is being updated. :)

Joseph Truax

Jul 23, 2012, 12:41:43 AM via Website

Thank you infamouspete. We are actually preparing to launch the ad supported version. It will go live on all platforms over the next 2 weeks. When it does, I'm also going to unveil PerSer. The first ultra social media. Combing the entire net into one easy to use smartphone app. We hope to compete with Facebook and many others. One site for all uses. That's my goal.

Joseph Truax

Aug 20, 2012, 4:21:32 PM via Website

The ad based version of Part 3: Dodge the Dots is now live on Android. We have also been chosen to be a corporate sponsor for the IU Dance Marathon and Riley Hospital for Children. 50% of our revenue goes directly to helping children in need. You don't have to pay for the game and every time you play, you contribute to a great cause. It is win-win all around.

Please download Dodge. We would love your feedback. We expect to get 100,000 downloads this month alone. We will be in the news, and radio all this month and next month leading up tho the Dance Marathon.

Help the children. Download Part 3: Dodge the Dots.

Thank you.

-Rag Tag Games

Joseph Truax

Nov 3, 2012, 11:30:13 PM via Website

So my game has been out on Android for a few months now and we are still moving upwards. Do you guys consider yourselves good people. If so, download Part 3: Dodge the Dots FREE. Each time you click on an ad in-game, I donate half of my revenue directly to the IU Dance Marathon in benefit of Riley Children's Foundation. A free game that supports a great cause. Be a humanitarian, play a legit game and have fun:)