[FREE]Geography game and learning!

• Replies:3
Robin Broomé
  • Forum posts: 2

May 22, 2012, 11:59:12 AM via Website

Hi I just completed my first android application. It is a geography game where you are asked where a country is and then you are supposed to point on that country on a map. It contains three different difficulties, where the easiest one tells you what country you pointed on and paints "used" countries grey. The normal mode is the same as easy except that it doesn't tell you what country you clicked on and hard mode doesn't paint the countries.

It also contains an information mode where you can click on different countries on the map and then it gives you information about the countries population, area, economy and government etc from US state department and CIA factbook.

This is the information mode:

This is the normal mode, the blue countries are countries that the user has answered correctly and the grey are the wrong answers:

Here is a link to Google play: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=org.broome&feature=search_result#?t=W251bGwsMSwxLDEsIm9yZy5icm9vbWUiXQ

So what do you think about the app?

//Robin

— modified on May 22, 2012, 12:00:21 PM

Eric McBride
  • Forum posts: 1,790

May 22, 2012, 3:32:40 PM via Website

Could be useful to sharpen my geography skills :)

Congrats on the release!

Robin Broomé
  • Forum posts: 2

May 23, 2012, 3:32:01 PM via Website

Eric McBride

Congrats on the release!
Thank you! :)
Haha yes, I Have noticed that my geography skilled has increased alot over the months when developing the app!

Eric McBride
  • Forum posts: 1,790

May 25, 2012, 2:40:26 PM via Website

Robin Broomé
Eric McBride

Congrats on the release!
Thank you! :)
Haha yes, I Have noticed that my geography skilled has increased alot over the months when developing the app!

LOL! I can imagine! :grin: