It is strange that you do not can download from Google play, we will look for
Main problem is to promote this widget. I do not understood why it is get so low download count.
Less than 50 downloads for 8 mounth!!!!!!!!!. Although he seems to be useful for people. Every body may say the reason???
What is the market mistake we doing?
Thanks. Hope you fix it soon.
By the way, the number of your free app's users is like 10,000 - 50,000. Maybe, most of them are not aware of the pro version.
Here are a few suggestions for promoting your app.
1. Do you have a twitter account? If not, you could create one to publicize your app and to provide support to users. Good communication with your user base is absolutely essential. Never ignore your users.
2. I noticed that you haven't mentioned the pro version at your free app's page. Try adding a few lines about it at the free version's Play store page. For example: List the Free vs Pro features or add something like "Please consider buying the pro version to support development".
3. Try holding a sale. AndroidPIT is quite famous for their weekly app sale. The Play store would be the ideal target though, because of the sheer number of users. Some Android blogs would go crazy when they see a sale. That might help
4. You could add an app drawer icon which shows new users how to add the SMS widget, It could also serve as a shortcut to your app's settings. You could also add a tab at the settings page which mentions the Pro version.
5. Adding a one-time pop-up mentioning the pro version's features would be good. For example,when a user installs the free version, and he gets a one time pop-up which mentions the advantages of the pro version, he may be tempted to buy it.