Arnova 10b 3g sd card problem

• Replies:0
Tom Phillipson
  • Forum posts: 1

Jun 10, 2012, 8:26:03 PM via App

I just got the tablet today and it detects the sd card fine but despite using app2sd it won't transfer files accross. I've formatted the card in winows vista to fat 32 and it seems fine. I've even put music on it and played it on the tablet, but still can't do much else. In office suite it finds the card but finds a file on it called Lost.dir and my music file. I've also tried erase sd card in settings but still can't use the card for storage. The card is a new 2gb sandisc card.

Any help would be appreciated.

So Iv emailed arnovatech with this query. They have said that transferring apps accross to the sd card is not supported by this device despite having its own version of app2sd already built in to the settings menu. You go into "storage" then "apps" and select an app of which you get the same options as found in app2sd. But upon clicking on "move to sd" it says "app cant be moved" Ive tried all the obvious ones like angry birds and you tube but cant move any of them. So the card is only usefull at the moment for adding music, pictures or video files or any other files you may need but not for apps.

Ive taken it back to the store for a refund and ill be getting a better one soon. By the way the bottom left hand corner gets really hot when charging (to warm for comfort) and the charger feels like it cost about 30p to make- The cable is like that really cheap speaker wire (two strands) and the end would not fit in the charging port on the tablet all the way in. Shame cos other than that it is a nice budget tablet. It seems you really do get what you pay for.

— modified on Jun 13, 2012, 9:13:22 PM