Keystore missing???

• Replies:2
Rich Kessler
  • Forum posts: 1

Jun 18, 2012, 6:13:20 AM via Website

Help!!! I seem to have lost my keystore from version 1.1 of my app. I need to get version 2.0 uploaded but my business partner is receiving the following error message "The apk must be signed with the same certificates as the previous version "

My developer claims this is an error on our end and that the keystore should be uploaded. The problem is neither one of us can seem to locate this file that we need. Is this something that should be buried in the code? Something that is a file that would be on our computers (and if so what's the file to search for)? Or is it something I can find again in my developer console?

Jeremiah
  • Forum posts: 775

Jun 19, 2012, 7:00:56 AM via Website

Rich Kessler
Help!!! I seem to have lost my keystore from version 1.1 of my app. I need to get version 2.0 uploaded but my business partner is receiving the following error message "The apk must be signed with the same certificates as the previous version "

My developer claims this is an error on our end and that the keystore should be uploaded. The problem is neither one of us can seem to locate this file that we need. Is this something that should be buried in the code? Something that is a file that would be on our computers (and if so what's the file to search for)? Or is it something I can find again in my developer console?
The keystore doesn't need to be uploaded, it needs to be integrated into the apps .apk.
Make sure your building the app for release, in eclipse go to file -> and export the app. This will build it with your release keystore instead of the debug keystore.

When you first export your app and eclipse makes you a keystore it is saved in the eclipse\ folder on your computer, try looking there for it. See this post for where your keystore file should be on your computer. http://stackoverflow.com/questions/3588487/where-does-eclipse-hide-the-keystore

— modified on Jun 19, 2012, 7:01:52 AM

Ashish Tripathi
  • Forum posts: 211

Feb 4, 2013, 1:22:40 PM via Website

clean and build