Android Geek in China

• Replies:5
  • OpenNot stickiedUnanswered

Jul 17, 2012 6:04:38 AM via Website

I'm Kai from an Android studio in Beijing.
I own a few different Android devices: the Xiaomi, Galaxy Nexus, and the Nexus 7. I also put in a pre-order for the Google Glasses :)

If you have any questions about the Android market in China, I'm happy to answer!

BETA TESTING
We're also looking for beta testers of our new product: SnapPea. It's a PIM desktop tool and we'd love feedback from the Phandroid community!

FREE DOWNLOAD: SnapPea.com
Requirements: Android Phone, Windows OS

Jul 17, 2012 6:41:42 AM via Website

Hi Kai,

What would you say is the biggest android market in China? Do most people get their apps from Google Play in China? Or by other markets?

Jul 17, 2012 7:42:01 AM via Website

Largely because of Google's troubled relationship with the government, the Play Store is only a small fraction of overall app downloads in China. Many phones running the Android OS in China are stripped of any traces of Google (including the Play Store) and pre-loaded with other Chinese apps instead.

There are over 50+ different Android app stores, none of which is a clear leader: it's a fragmented market, though consolidation is starting. Some of the largest are Gfan, Hiapk, and AppChina (see: http://paidcontent.org/2011/11/07/419-china-has-70-android-app-stores-but-that-could-soon-whittle-down-to-10/)

In China, our product aggregates from all of the different app stores: www.wandoujia.com With our intl version we want to explore the market for PIM tools and content downloads. Would love to hear what you think!

Nov 13, 2012 7:23:00 AM via Website

Kai Lukoff
I'm Kai from an Android studio in Beijing.
I own a few different Android devices: the Xiaomi, Galaxy Nexus, and the Nexus 7. I also put in a pre-order for the Google Glasses :)

If you have any questions about the Android market in China, I'm happy to answer!

BETA TESTING
We're also looking for beta testers of our new product: SnapPea. It's a PIM desktop tool and we'd love feedback from the Phandroid community!

FREE DOWNLOAD: SnapPea.com
Requirements: Android Phone, Windows OS

I have a tablet , 随花随E M-7C09 .
This device has been giving me a hard time , since it liked to reset itselves . Also It's very hard to find any compatible apps for it's version of android ( ver 2.2 ) in google play.
I tried to access it's vendor website , all that I found is that the site no longer exist . The domain is expired. This device was bought by a friend for me from China / HK . without packaging , manual , nor anything else.
Here's the Logo :

Could you please point me a direction to find help .
Thank You , Kai.

— modified on Nov 13, 2012 7:25:21 AM

Mar 4, 2013 8:27:14 PM via Website

Hi Kai,

I bought an android phone last year with the following details :

Model number
e1108_v73_jbl1flash8p4

Android version

Baseband version
MAUI.11AMD.W11.37.SP.V17.F1, 2012/03/02 18:09

Kernel version
Thu Apr 12 14:43:27 CST 2012