Android Geek in China

• Replies:5
  • OpenNot stickiedUnanswered

Jul 17, 2012 6:04:38 AM

I'm Kai from an Android studio in Beijing.
I own a few different Android devices: the Xiaomi, Galaxy Nexus, and the Nexus 7. I also put in a pre-order for the Google Glasses :)

If you have any questions about the Android market in China, I'm happy to answer!

BETA TESTING
We're also looking for beta testers of our new product: SnapPea. It's a PIM desktop tool and we'd love feedback from the Phandroid community!

FREE DOWNLOAD: SnapPea.com
Requirements: Android Phone, Windows OS

Jul 17, 2012 7:42:01 AM

Largely because of Google's troubled relationship with the government, the Play Store is only a small fraction of overall app downloads in China. Many phones running the Android OS in China are stripped of any traces of Google (including the Play Store) and pre-loaded with other Chinese apps instead.

There are over 50+ different Android app stores, none of which is a clear leader: it's a fragmented market, though consolidation is starting. Some of the largest are Gfan, Hiapk, and AppChina (see: http://paidcontent.org/2011/11/07/419-china-has-70-android-app-stores-but-that-could-soon-whittle-down-to-10/)

In China, our product aggregates from all of the different app stores: www.wandoujia.com With our intl version we want to explore the market for PIM tools and content downloads. Would love to hear what you think!

Nov 13, 2012 7:23:00 AM

Kai Lukoff
I'm Kai from an Android studio in Beijing.
I own a few different Android devices: the Xiaomi, Galaxy Nexus, and the Nexus 7. I also put in a pre-order for the Google Glasses :)

If you have any questions about the Android market in China, I'm happy to answer!

BETA TESTING
We're also looking for beta testers of our new product: SnapPea. It's a PIM desktop tool and we'd love feedback from the Phandroid community!

FREE DOWNLOAD: SnapPea.com
Requirements: Android Phone, Windows OS

I have a tablet , 随花随E M-7C09 .
This device has been giving me a hard time , since it liked to reset itselves . Also It's very hard to find any compatible apps for it's version of android ( ver 2.2 ) in google play.
I tried to access it's vendor website , all that I found is that the site no longer exist . The domain is expired. This device was bought by a friend for me from China / HK . without packaging , manual , nor anything else.
Here's the Logo :

Could you please point me a direction to find help .
Thank You , Kai.

— modified on Nov 13, 2012 7:25:21 AM

Mar 4, 2013 8:27:14 PM

Hi Kai,

I bought an android phone last year with the following details :

Model number
e1108_v73_jbl1flash8p4

Android version

Baseband version
MAUI.11AMD.W11.37.SP.V17.F1, 2012/03/02 18:09

Kernel version
Thu Apr 12 14:43:27 CST 2012