Newbee needs help!

• Replies:41
Joachim Jørgensen
  • Forum posts: 19

Aug 6, 2012, 12:39:23 AM via Website

Hey guys :)

I rooted my P7500 (3G), and after i rooted it the 3G internet wont work, i dont get a signal at all.
When i start the tablet i've got to enter the pin-code for the simcard som it works i guess.
But i was thinking i rooted it for wi-fi only?

Can somebody please help me out here, i want to get the tablet back to what it was when i bougth it.

Please help, thanks :)

Joachim Jørgensen

Aug 12, 2012, 10:17:49 PM via Website

bring up my post

Andreas V.
  • Admin
  • Forum posts: 7,352

Aug 14, 2012, 8:52:01 AM via Website

Hi Joachim,

how did you root your Tab? Have you flashed a different Kernel?

Joachim Jørgensen

Aug 14, 2012, 8:57:24 AM via Website

Hi, I rooted it in Odin with a P7500 (3G) stock ROM that i found here: http://www.samfirmware.com/
But i am pretty sure that it was the wrong file i got my hands in :s

Have you flashed a different Kernel?
I have no idea what youre talking about..

If you can help me getteing my piece of electronic back to normal I idolize you!

Andreas V.
  • Admin

Aug 14, 2012, 9:05:06 AM via Website

The Kernel is a special Part of the ROM. You can flash a pre-rooted Kernel, that´s why I ask :lol:

So wich ROM did you excactly use?

Joachim Jørgensen

Aug 14, 2012, 9:08:57 AM via Website

Im not sure, this is sevral months ago.

I was thinking i could do the hole job over again?
Add a new stock file with Odin.

But i thing i need it listed down step by step.

Im sorry that i cant answer you well enough, my memory is kind of bad :s

Andreas V.
  • Admin

Aug 14, 2012, 9:14:42 AM via Website

So, let´s do it step by step.

Take a look into your Tab Info a tell me your Baseband Version (should start like "P7500xxxx")

Menu > Settings > About your Tab (or Phone)

Joachim Jørgensen

Aug 14, 2012, 9:18:05 AM via Website

Im sure im in the rigth hands now :)

P7500XXKL4.

Joachim Jørgensen

Aug 14, 2012, 9:23:02 AM via Website

Norway :)

Andreas V.
  • Admin

Aug 14, 2012, 9:25:21 AM via Website

Is your Model excactly the P7500? That´s the most important thing....

There are also P7500D, P7500M, P7500R, P7501 an many more :lol:

Joachim Jørgensen

Aug 14, 2012, 9:30:15 AM via Website

On settings at "About unit" it says: modellnumber -> GT-7500.

Here is a screenshot, but its in norwegian.

— modified on Aug 14, 2012, 9:30:47 AM

Andreas V.
  • Admin

Aug 14, 2012, 9:33:06 AM via Website

So I would say, that this one is the right one: http://www.sammobile.com/firmware/?page=3&model=GT-P7500&pcode=NEE&os=1&type=3#

PDA: P7500XWLB1
CSC: P7500OXXLB1
Version: 3.2
Date: 2012-02-14
Regions: Austria, Belgium, France, Germany, Hungary, Italy, Spain, United Kingdom

Joachim Jørgensen

Aug 14, 2012, 9:38:37 AM via Website

Thanks, should i just flash it in odin and then its good to go?

Joachim Jørgensen

Aug 14, 2012, 9:47:58 AM via Website

I think i maybe should just get my tab back to normal first :)

I tell here how it goes after im done.

Joachim Jørgensen

Aug 14, 2012, 10:21:31 AM via Website

Maby i am doin something wrong, but when odin finished the tab rebooted as it schould.
But it still wont use the mobile broadband, i dont even have to enter the PIN code for the simcard when it starts up.

Here is a picture from odin so you can check if i am doing it rigth.

http://oi46.tinypic.com/34nmb6c.jpg

Andreas V.
  • Admin

Aug 14, 2012, 10:51:18 AM via Website

Hi,

I ask a friend for help, because I personally don´t have P7500. But he´s the author of the Blog and should be more experienced :wink:

Joachim Jørgensen

Aug 14, 2012, 10:53:03 AM via Website

Thanks alot.

If we can talk over skype at some time it would be alot easyer.
So it you have a skype account, please add me (joachimjorgensen).

Andreas V.
  • Admin

Aug 14, 2012, 10:54:44 AM via Website

I´m at work right now, so no chance to skype... if Thomas has no time, we can try it this evening around 19:00

Joachim Jørgensen

Aug 14, 2012, 11:26:39 AM via Website

Okey, thanks again for you help!

Joachim Jørgensen

Aug 14, 2012, 12:19:51 PM via Website

I have no clue what an efs Folder is so i dont know :s

Andreas V.
  • Admin

Aug 14, 2012, 12:27:05 PM via Website

In the efs Folder the system stores important information, like the 3G settings :-)

I talked to Thomas and he suggests, that you use the Rom from his Blog. Make a full wipe before flasing it.

Here´s he download link

And if not already installed the CWM recovery

And heres a HowTo

Joachim Jørgensen

Aug 14, 2012, 12:30:11 PM via Website

Do i flash both files from odin?

Thomas Weissenbacher
  • Forum posts: 20

Aug 14, 2012, 12:53:41 PM via Website

Hi Joachim!

I'm the one who could possibly help you. Basically, you rooted the GT and now the 3G isn't working, is that correct? I think the easiest solution would be if you just install the newest version of the original Samsung firmware (Android 4.0.4), that should fix everything if I'm not terribly mistaken. I'll give you a step-by-step walkthrough on how to install the newest (official) version of Android on your GT, I think that should fix everything. Just make sure to follow the instructions, it's an easy enough thing to do and will hopefully fix the problem. Oh, and please do me one favour: Before you actually follow my instructions, read all of them one time.

The update is the Italian version, but that's no problem - after installing it, you switch the language and done. Everything will work. First of all, please install the latest version of the Samsung KIES Software. After that, connect your GT to your PC and KIES. That's important, so that the drivers for your Galaxy Tab are installed on the PC. Please do so, even if you've already done that before. After that, disconnect your GT from your PC and close KIES. Make sure it's really closed, not only minimized. Now, go into the settings of your GT and do a full factory reset to reset your GT as if it is new. After that, shut it down. Download the following files to your PC:

The Samsung update (Android 4.0.4):
http://www.hotfile.com/dl/165044829/8faf133/P7500XXLQ8_P7500OXALQ8_ITV.zip.html

ODIN (the program to install the update)
https://rapidshare.com/#!download|445p5|2195283307|Odin3_v1.85.zip|196|0|0

Open the Samsung update file (it's in a ZIP archive) and extract (unpack) the file "P7500XXLQ8_P7500OXALQ8_P7500XXLQ8_HOME.tar" to your PC. Now, turn of your GT (i.e. shut it down completely). You now have to go into the download mode: Press the on/off button and BOTH volume buttons simultaneously. After a few seconds, two big pictures appear. Release all buttons. Use the volume down button to switch between the two pictures and choose the right one. Now, press volume up to select it. Skip the warning with the volume up button. You are now in download mode.

Open ODIN on your PC and connect the GT with your PC. The square in the upper left corner in ODIN should turn yellow. If not, diconnect the GT, wait a few seconds, connect it again and wait a few seconds. If the square is yellow, click on "PDA" in ODIN (roughly at the centre of the program) and choose the Samsung update file you've extracted earlier. Click "Start" in ODIN (upper left corner) and wait until the Galaxy Tab boots! As soon as it boots, disconnect the GT from your PC and close ODIN.

ROOTING YOUR GT

Download the following files:

Root:
http://www.shabbypenguin.com/users/s0ckm0nk3y/android/acs/galaxytab10.1/Samsung_Galaxy_Tab_10.1_root.zip

CWM recovery:
http://www.mediafire.com/?jv5v1a74hhqsqhu

You don't have to extract the first file. Just copy it to your GT. Please don't copy it in any folder - just on the GT. After that, disconnect your GT from your PC and go into download mode (described above). Open ODIN, connect your GT to your PC. And now, install the CWM recovery. It's the same way you installed the Samsung update - click on "PDA" in ODIN, choose the CWM recovery file, hit "Start". After the GT boots up, shut it down and go into recovery mode. It's the same methode you use to go into download mode, just choose the left icon instead of the right (which is for download mode). Once you enter the recovery, choose "install .zip from SD card" and select the root file you copied on your GT. Install it (only takes seconds), choose "Go back" in the recovery and then "reboot system now". Done! Your GT should work fine.

IMPORTANT

If your GT won't boot after the update (the Samsung logo at the startup doesn't go away, even after minutes), follow these instructions: Shut it off (press the on/off button really long). Install the update again. If it still won't boot, shut it off again. Then go into download mode, wait hald a minute, shut it off, go into recovery, wait half a minute, choose "wipe data/factory reset", reboot it.

Thomas Weissenbacher

Aug 14, 2012, 12:58:36 PM via Website

Haha :-)

I think that should fix everything. Oh dear, I remember the times of the original Galaxy Tab... It wasn't that easy to update, I didn't have a nice and handy PDA file that included everything, there were several files you had to download and choose in ODIN and just dare to pick the wrong ones :P

Andreas V.
  • Admin

Aug 14, 2012, 1:02:12 PM via Website

Oh yeah. You´re right... just flashed ICS (CyanogenMod) on my GT-P1000 and it works an look great :P

Thomas Weissenbacher

Aug 14, 2012, 1:06:18 PM via Website

After a few months, I had a hardware problem with the GT. It was running with an unoffical 2.3 firmware that Samsung used internally and I gave it to my provider so that they could send it in to fix the problem. I got it back a week later - the description said "Problem fixed, newest Android version installed". It was running with 2.2 again :P

Joachim Jørgensen

Aug 14, 2012, 1:19:33 PM via Website

Alrigth, then i am on it!

I will leav a comment when i am done :)

Thanks alot for your help.

Thomas Weissenbacher

Aug 14, 2012, 1:24:33 PM via Website

You're welcome Joachim! We're here to help :)

Joachim Jørgensen

Aug 14, 2012, 1:50:09 PM via Website

I do not know how to thank you enough. It works just fine now and maybe better.
Seems as though it is much faster than it was before.

Again, thank you!

Joachim Jørgensen

Aug 14, 2012, 2:05:04 PM via Website

seems to work just fine and i love the look of it :)

Thomas Weissenbacher

Aug 14, 2012, 2:16:12 PM via Website

I'm glad we could help you. Actually, ICS on the Galaxy Tab 10.1 is the first version of Android with Touchwiz that is really good and I didn't change anything - before that, I always changed the Launcher and so on.

Eric McBride
  • Forum posts: 1,790

Aug 14, 2012, 2:34:41 PM via Website

Thomas Weissenbacher
I'm glad we could help you. Actually, ICS on the Galaxy Tab 10.1 is the first version of Android with Touchwiz that is really good and I didn't change anything - before that, I always changed the Launcher and so on.

TW is definitely getting better, but I still prefer stock :-D

If you want a stock taste, flash Romans AOKP (newest Milestone) on your rooted device. There are also Jelly Bean builds out for it that run quite nice!

Thomas Weissenbacher

Aug 14, 2012, 2:38:15 PM via Website

JB is defenitely nice, I love it on my Galaxy Nexus. But: I think the camera isn't working and, more important: The last time I tried AOKP on my Galaxy Tab 10.1, there were major performance issues and the overall useability wasn't very high. Though I loved AOKP on my Galaxy Nexus (until Jelly Bean). Touchwiz on the Galaxy Tab gives the device a really good overall look and feel, and I think it really adds some good things.

Nick Govaert
  • Forum posts: 1

Nov 19, 2012, 11:07:52 PM via Website

Hey Thomas,

I have a GT-P7500, P7500xwkg, kernel 2.6.36.3, which I bought last year in Dubai. OTA there's still no update available to ICS.

Do you think I can use these same files to upgrade my Tab 10.1?

Thx!

Nick

Thomas Weissenbacher

Nov 19, 2012, 11:19:53 PM via Website

Yes, shouldn't be a problem :-)