No Email?

• Replies:5
Dvoraak
  • Forum posts: 86

Sep 22, 2012, 10:09:47 PM via Website

Does anyone know why emails can't be sent through the site? I've seen comments from others with the same problem I'm experiencing. It says the daily limit has been reached even though we've never once sent an email. Anyone know what's up or if there's a fix on the way?

Bastian Siewers
  • Forum posts: 9,729

Sep 22, 2012, 10:24:22 PM via Website

Hi,

That's a security setting by AndroidPIT that keeps away the spammers. After 10 posts in the forum you can send private messages.

Dvoraak
  • Forum posts: 86

Sep 22, 2012, 11:06:41 PM via Website

Thanks. So to get past the spam sentry I have to spam the forums a little LOL. I love it.

Patricia Hall
  • Forum posts: 41

Sep 29, 2012, 1:06:42 PM via Website

Well I think about if you have emails can't be sent through the site so you can contact to your website developer; by the way cool post.

— modified on Sep 29, 2012, 1:07:02 PM

Victor Kovalev
  • Forum posts: 1

Dec 17, 2012, 12:07:47 PM via Website

I agree with the spirit of this protection, but at the same time it is a little weird. I just wanted to send one email, but I guess I can go find 9 other forum threads where I can say something actually productive!

Patrick R.
  • Forum posts: 66

Dec 17, 2012, 6:35:25 PM via Website

Well, to be honest, I appreciate this "security feature". I used to be a member with another forum and my message box there was flooded by spam until a feature like this was implemented. Although that was a little extreme, your first 10 posts had to be reviewed and approved by a mod before it even appeared on the forums - just to verify that it is an intelligent post that contributes to the discussion. Although, it worked like regular forums after you got past the initial 10 mod approved post requirement. It is just for the protection of the legit members and to preserve the integrity of the member count.

— modified on Dec 17, 2012, 6:36:40 PM