Missed Call Mailer, Messenger, Alert - Forgot you phone at Home? - Lonely Android - Get SMS and Call notifications

• Replies:4
Santiago Ennis
  • Forum posts: 11

Sep 30, 2012, 9:01:57 AM via Website

Lonely Android
play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.becomputer06.lonely.android.free

============
You are at school, college or work and you forgot your Android device at home? No problem! This application will send SMS and Call notifications from your Android device to your mailbox.

Features
- turn Lonely Mode on/off by pressing the Lonely Mode toggle button
- turn Lonely Mode on/off remotely by sending SMS
- receive incoming and outgoing SMS notifications via email
- receive incoming and outgoing call notifications via email
- password protection

============
One day I did not come office with my Android device, I left it at home. I was worried all day about important incoming and outgoing SMS and calls because I had no way of knowing about these important SMS and calls. So I created an Android application, named Lonely Android, that sends me notification about incoming and outgoing SMS and calls.

============
The application Lonely Android is password protected. When the application starts for the very first time it asks you to set the Lonely Key. See screenshot 1. Enter any alpha-numeric key and hit the Set Lonely Key button, this key will be set as your password. The application asks you to enter the Lonely Key every time you open the application. See screenshot 2.

The application has two states
1. Lonely Mode is ON
2. Lonely Mode is OFF

You can enable the Lonely Mode by sending following SMS to the Android device
lonely=on

The Lonely Mode can be disabled by sending following SMS
lonely=off

The Lonely Mode can also be enabled/disabled manually by pressing the Lonely Mode toggle button. See screenshot 3 and 4.

============
When you turn on the Lonely Mode, the application starts sending emails when somebody sends you SMS or somebody sends SMS from your Android device The application also sends emails when somebody calls you or somebody calls from your Android device.

There are two types of SMS notifications:
1. Incoming Text Message
2. Outgoing Text Message

And there are four types of call notifications:
1. Dialed Call
2. Received Call
3. Rejected Call
4. Missed Call

NOTES:
1. The Incoming Calls are divided into three categories:- Received Calls, Rejected Calls and Missed Calls.
2. The Outgoing Calls are termed as Dialed Calls.
3. Ice Cream Sandwich and Jelly Bean users will receive an additional email listing all Unread Calls when they turn on the Lonely Mode.

============
To receive such emails you need to set up Gmail account for outgoing email and destination email to receive the SMS and call notifications. See screenshot 3.

From
Gmail Email Address: Any valid Gmail account
Password: The password of the Gmail account

To
Email Address: The email address to which you would like to receive notification about SMS and calls

NOTES:
1. The application sends emails if you have entered correct Gmail Email Address, Password and Email Address and there is an internet connection.
2. The "From - Gmail Email Address" and "To – Email Address" could be the same.

============
Let me know if you have trouble understanding the existing features and functions of the application.

============
The last four screenshots are the notification emails that Lonely Android application sends to the user. The screenshots are taken using the Yahoo! Mail Android application.

============
Tags
missed call notifier, missed call messenger, missed call mailer, call notifier, sms notifier, forward call and sms, forgot phone at home

— modified on Jun 15, 2013, 8:23:41 AM

Angela Green
  • Forum posts: 492

Sep 30, 2012, 2:50:36 PM via Website

This is ingenious!! Every phone should have this app by default.

Santiago Ennis

Jun 15, 2013, 7:22:11 AM via Website

I have updated the Lonely Android application.

Check the updated app on Google Play.

— modified on Jun 15, 2013, 7:23:46 AM

Santiago Ennis

Jul 27, 2013, 7:13:53 AM via Website

I have updated both Free and Pro editions of Lonely Android application. Please read description of the application to know more about it.

By the way, if you like Lonely Android application, please share the Google Play download link on any social channel like Facebook, Twitter, Google+ etc.

— modified on Jul 27, 2013, 7:14:11 AM

Santiago Ennis

Aug 5, 2013, 8:00:26 PM via Website

I have updated Lonely Android application.