Google Galaxy Nexus — Galaxy Nexus Won't Charge

• Replies:51
  • OpenNot stickiedUnanswered

Oct 10, 2012 2:50:09 PM via Website

I'm actually posting this a bit late, as I've already been sent a replacement Galaxy Nexus. Basically, my old phone simply stopped charging, and I'm pretty sure it was a problem with the port. Has anyone else experienced this issue? Did you also have to replace your phone?

Nov 29, 2012 11:18:27 PM via Website

I had the same problem. I found the fix online - took 1 minute. The USB port and plug were not making good contact. I could run the phone on power from the charger, but it would not actually charge.

Look inside the USB port and you will see a "tab" there. Lever this up gently (after removing the battery) towards the centre of the port.

That fixed it for me. BTW. my phone is less than nine months old!

I find some of the newer plugs and sockets are just not engineered well - I've had the same problem with HDMI on my TV.

Dec 7, 2012 9:51:45 AM via Website

I registered on here JUST so I'd be able to upvote and thank marchino on the pro tip that you had to adjust the inside contact tab in the middle of the micro usb port. Thanks so much, saved my night and my wallet :P

Jan 10, 2013 10:42:54 AM via Website

I haven't had any charging issues. Maybe someone else has. I CAN drain the battery while charging if i have hotspot turned on while maxing out download speeds on 4g. A 750ma charger just couldn't push it fast enough!
houston-heaters.com/

— modified on Jan 12, 2013 11:33:09 AM

Apr 30, 2013 4:25:30 AM via Website

Another Marchino fan! You saved my phone!! Now I can go teach kindergarten tomorrow and still check personal emails at lunch. Woo hooo! Thanks, Marchino!!

Jun 2, 2013 4:10:44 AM via Website

THAAAAAANXXXXXXXXXX A LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOTTTTTTTT MARCHINO!!!!!!!!!! U SAVED MY DAY AND MY MONEY!!!!!!! I REALLY APPROACHED A SAMSUNG SERVICE CENTER AND THEY ASKED ME TO CHANGE THE "SUB PBA".......F***K THAT!!!! THAAANKING U A MILLION TIMES :lol:

Jun 7, 2013 3:55:45 PM via Website

Thanks! I did the adjustment to the phone micro USB connector with a fine blade electronics screw driver and got the male connector to the center of the port. Now the device charges properly!

Jun 22, 2013 4:11:01 AM via Website

hey i have a galaxy nexus as well, and one day i was charging it and it wouldnt charge, it would just maintain. then one day it just died. i got a new battery and it would work but wont charge, just maintain.
i was reading your message and i dont uderstand it, i was hoping if you can tell me in a better way? thanks