Samsung Galaxy S4 Rumors

• Replies:3
Steven Blum
  • Forum posts: 882

Oct 16, 2012, 10:22:46 AM via Website

If you're anything like me, you're already thinking about what the Galaxy S4 is going to be like. Will it really come with a flexible display? How will it destroy the iPhone 5? I know it's quite early to be speculating about the device, but I can't help digging around the internetz looking for clues about Samsung's next flagship. Here are the most widely-cited rumors I found:

It'll Have a Flexible, 5" Display
If rumors are to be believed, the Galaxy S4 will be the first Samsung device to utilize a flexible OLED display. That doesn't mean the phone itself will be flexible, but it could be that the display slightly curves. OLED displays are also supposed to be thinner, which could mean the next Galaxy flagship will be ultra slim in the hand.

The Processor Will be Really, Really Fast
On September 19th, Android Authority spotted a mysterious device in a test posted to "Power Board." The device – called the TE4 – featured a Cortex A15 processor, clocking in at 1.7 GHz, along with a Mali-T604 GPU. Sure this might not be the Galaxy S4, but what other phone would Samsung pack with such advanced technology? If it is so, it'll be signficantly faster than the current model.

It'll Have a 13MP Camera
Another mysterious Samsung device showed up online that appears to have a 13MP camera, capable of taking images with 4208 x 3120 pixel resolution. We don't know for sure if this is the Galaxy S4, but it seems likely.

It'll be Coming in March
Of this we can be almost certain, as Samsung tends to release their Galaxy flagship devices after Mobile World Congress. The date has been backed up by a report by Korea Times.

Patrick R.
  • Forum posts: 66

Oct 16, 2012, 10:30:10 AM via App

I have a question and am curious about the flexible display. Isn't the Galaxy Nexus slightly curved already? How practical would it be to have a curved phone - both in use amd storage i.e. pocketing it and browsing/gaming on it? I hope Samsung sees or has a practical or utilitarian application for flexi displays and they are not doing it just because they can. If they come out with a less than impressive S4, they will easily lose whatever headway they made against apple.

INCREDIBLE_Kyle
  • Forum posts: 10

Mar 15, 2013, 10:23:52 AM via Website

pentile screen keep so many watchers away.

but I don't mind. I will go for it anyway

satchi mangubat duman
  • Forum posts: 3

Aug 20, 2013, 7:40:19 PM via Website

I just bought it a new S4,very nice very excited,,,,,