Blue Notification Light

• Replies:4
Devin Leung
  • Forum posts: 2

Oct 24, 2012, 8:52:40 PM via Website

It's been around 5 days since this has been happening. Every time my phone is on but the screen is off, the blue notification light flashes and doesn't stop. If I press the power button and the screen turns on, the light stops flashing, but once the screen goes off, the light starts flashing. I do not have any outstanding messages, for there is no indicating icon on my toolbar. Is there a way to get the light to stop flashing for no reason?

Alexandru Dumitrescu
  • Forum posts: 1

Oct 30, 2012, 2:27:49 PM via Website

The reason, that little blue light flashes, is to show you that your phone is functional, and hasn't powered it's self off, like other kinds of android devices, such as the galaxy gio. When you receive a text, a phone call, or any other stuff, the light should change to a different colour to let you know that, there was some kind of activity on your phone, while you weren't looking. I don't think you can turn that light down, since it workds like a stand-by light, such as a tv or a computer monitor.

Devin Leung
  • Forum posts: 2

Nov 3, 2012, 2:11:13 AM via Website

So far the only colours I've seen are: blue, for a notification or missed call;red, for low battery, and;green/yellow, for when it's charging.
There are no outstanding texts, missed calls, or reminders. It stopped flashing for a few hours yesterday, but then I charged it over night, and now it's continuing to flash again.

Marilyn

Jun 26, 2013, 7:20:43 AM via Website

I had the same problem, your phone software needs to be updated :) as soon as I did so the light went away.

Jim Sherman

Jun 15, 2018, 6:01:01 PM via Website

mine stayed on after update on 06-14-2018