Nov 6, 2012 9:27:44 PM
Nov 6, 2012 9:27:44 PM
This APP (with a service) allows you to:
1) Wired Headset detection - ALLOW or IGNORE the headphone/headset plug in/out detection.
ALLOW it so that plugging a headset in or out will automatically set your phone to use or not use the headset.
IGNORE will cancel the plug in/out event and is mostly used for those with phones that have a faulty headset jack which can cause the speaker and earpiece not to work.
2) Wired Headset microphone - DETECT or IGNORE that a headset has a microphone when plugged in. Only used if the headphone/headset plug in/out detection is set to ALLOW.
3) Notifications to Speaker - Allow notification/alarm sounds play through the SPEAKER as well as the selected media audio setting. This setting can be unchecked so that notifications/alarms only play through the selected media setting.
4) Media Audio - Route the media audio to (External speaker, Wired Headphones, Wired Headset (with mic), Earpiece, Aux Digital(HDMI), Bluetooth(A2DP), Bluetooth(mono), Bluetooth(mono)(dynamic), Dock(Analog), Dock(Digital)).
Media audio includes music, notifications, alarms, ringer.
(Bluetooth, Dock, Aux Digital(HDMI), and Earpiece are enabled for the PRO VERSION only)
MUSIC and NAVIGATION can be routed to Bluetooth (mono) on most phones, but not all.
NOTIFICATIONS CANNOT be routed to Bluetooth (mono).
BLUETOOTH(mono)(dynamic) - Will only send audio to the Bluetooth device when it detect audio is playing. Great for sending to a car's Bluetooh phone profile while the car radio is in use. It stops the radio, plays audio, and starts the radio. May not work for all cars and first second of audio could be missed if used for Navigation.
5) Phone call audio - (Pro version) Route the phone call audio to (Built in Earpiece, External speaker, Bluetooth (mono), Wired Headphones, Wired Headset (with mic), Aux Digital(HDMI)).
6) Bluetooth behavior - (Pro version):
Bluetooth Auto Enable - Automatically enable Bluetooth when Bluetooth output is selected.
(A2DP) Media audio usage - Allow/Deny the connected Bluetooth media device to be the default output for media.
(Mono) Media audio usage - Allow/Deny the connected Bluetooth mono device to be the default output for media. May not work for all phones.
Phone call usage - Allow/Deny the connected Bluetooth mono device to be the default output for phone calls.
(Mono) microphone override - Use the Bluetooth (mono) device microphone for voice input while using audio output set in the Media audio setting.
Disconnect to speaker - Allow/Deny using speaker for notifications(notifications still go to selected media audio output)
7) There is a widget named "Headset Toggle" to toggle the Headphones/Headset on or off.
When installed, the first time you run the app will start the background service. It will then always start on reboot.
If music stops when you unplug a headset, this app cannot prevent it. That is the music app purposely stopping so that audio doesn't not blast through the speaker.
— modified on Apr 5, 2013 2:59:17 PM