Samsung Galaxy Note 2 — spontaneous rebooting

• Replies:7
Gio A.
  • Forum posts: 5

Nov 7, 2012, 2:31:30 PM via App

I want to ask some note 2 users if maybe any of you have experienced your note 2 spontaneously rebooting. It has happened three times with me. twice in my pocket and lastly it was just on the table and I was listening to the radio and suddenly it just rebooted without me touching it or nothing. It has only happend does three times.

Any ideas what might be happening?

I do now that some people where complaing about this happening with the note 10.1.

Could it be the software.

Galaxy note 2 rooted with the memory hack that eric posted.

Dvoraak
  • Forum posts: 86

Nov 9, 2012, 1:17:35 PM via Website

I don't know about the Note 2 rebooting but you mentioned the 10.1 and I can say that's never happened with my unrooted model. I rooted and flashed my first 10.1 and that created stability issues. That's why I haven't done it to this one. Don't know if that helps any but I'd recommend restoring back to the original ROM. Good luck!

Gio A.

Nov 9, 2012, 1:40:43 PM via Website

Thanks for the reply Dvoraak.
I had thought about restoring the ROM but it hasn't become such a big problem for me yet to do it .It's been quite a few days since it has happened (Thit a battery pool last time it happened). I just wanted to know if other people might have had the same issue. I read online that some note and note10.1 users had this issue too and that they had to have they're devices replaced because it was some kind of software issue.

I would like to stil hear from other people if they might have experienced this issue with the note 2. THANKS.

Rahul
  • Forum posts: 1

Nov 24, 2012, 5:54:54 AM via Website

even i have this issue. Tried hard reset but no luck.. Software/firmware is of latest ver. Any advise

Tnx!

Gio A.

Nov 28, 2012, 1:46:18 PM via App

hey Rahul I'm not sure if I can help you. It hasn't happend to me for some weeks now. Last time it happend I turnee of my phone and pulled my battery out ant waited a few minutes. Sinds then I haven't experienced the spontaneous reboot anymore.

I hope this helps you. Please feel free to post here the result.

Gio A.

Mar 4, 2013, 1:00:58 PM via App

Ok so after not experiencing the spontaneous reboot for a while it started happening again and more frequently. After looking around for the reasons why this happens I found out that this might be caused by a problem with the internal memory. Specifically with phones witch have VTU00M 16 Gb internel memory chips with revision 0xF1. Phones with these chips wil have the sudden death syndrome(SDS). you can check this by using emmc brickbuck check app found in the playstore.If you have the above mentioned chip you wil have the SDS problem. luckily samsung has patched this problem in the update that patched the exynos vulnerability issue. but for people like me who are rooted and are running custom kernels this sollution doesn't realy help us. you are going to have to use a custom kernel witch have the patch built in to it. I use the perseus alpha kernel witch can be found on xda site. Since perseus alpha 31 the developer has integrated the samsung patch for the exynos processor issues and also the SDS patch into the perseus alpha kernel itself. does solving the SDS and spontaneous reboots plus giving you protection from the exynos exploits.I was using perseus alpha before but since I updated it from version 26 to version 32 I have not experienced the spontaneous reboot once. So based on my experience up til now this has fixed the spontaneous reboot issue for me. So for unrooted users update your phone to get the patches and for rooted users just get a custom kernel with these patches build in to the kernel. I would suggest perseus alpha kernel witch as of 26/02/13 is on version 33. keep in mind if switching kernels that you always have to have a kernel with these patches to be protected. hope this helps everyone with this issue and hopefully this is the last we hear of the spontaneous reboot on the note 2.

— modified on Mar 4, 2013, 1:18:26 PM

Ziedonis Vasarins
  • Forum posts: 1

Sep 13, 2013, 11:49:20 AM via Website

Yes, it's a big trouble. Re-booting after any exit of application (messengers, player, games etc) . (HTC Sensation XE). Any ideas? Thank you.

KevinE
  • Forum posts: 19

Sep 15, 2013, 5:16:59 PM via Website

My Note 10.1 was having the random reboot issue. It is still under warranty and after a few factory resets as instructed through Samsung support didn't fix it they had me send it in for repair. The repair facility replaced some hardware and sent it back to me. I sent it in completely wiped to factory condition. When I got the tablet back it was still reset to factory. I don't think they even tried to recreate the problem but instead just replaced parts. As soon as I had finished setting up the tablet and updating all of the default Samsung apps and default Google apps the tablet restarted on it's own. I'm not sure if it was due to all of the updates I had just installed or the original random restart issue.

It's been almost a week now and it hasn't done it again. I'm not sure what to think. If it does it again I'm going to send it out again and hopefully they replace it.

It's never been rooted and here is what they replaced.

Link to the replaced parts list. I can't post links yet.
i.imgur.com/zOBMxOR.jpg