New Jellybean 4.1.2 leaked today, and man is it clean!

• Replies:36
  • OpenNot stickiedUnanswered

Nov 26, 2012 12:04:25 AM via Website

Christopher Silva
Hi Joseph, no, sorry, your phone is not compatible. Yes this can be rooted

So would this be a straight forward root?....or is it different since its a custom rom?

Nov 26, 2012 8:09:25 AM via Website

This is not a custom rom. This is an original firmware pre-release from Samsung. So the root rules apply as for any original firmware. Yes, strait forward root. But be careful which approach you use. There are solid instructions at the XDA site. I. Posted a link earlier.

Nov 26, 2012 4:21:32 PM via Website

ok great thanks....and thanks for clearing that it is not a custom rom....I always seem to think that because it is not an official release, that it must be custom ....lol

Nov 27, 2012 2:22:54 PM via Website

Christopher! It works! I'm a proud JB user now =).. I've been playing around with the phone and it's awesome, but I'm still trying to figure out how to take screenshots! :(.. Can you help me with this?

Nevermind.. Home Button + Power Button for 2 seconds and it works!

Thanks a lot!!

— modified on Nov 27, 2012 2:27:15 PM

Nov 28, 2012 10:49:48 PM via Website

Hello Chris,

Like I said a couple of days ago, I installed this pre-release version of jb on my galaxy s2. All is fine, even though I can;t seem to "feel" Project Butter. Still some lags.
Now I want to know how can I go back to ICS 4.0.4 official ROM. My phone is not rooted.

Thanks,
Paul

Dec 3, 2012 3:06:31 AM via Website

Hi Christ, the latest firmware upgrade does not recognize by Samsung Kies in my country, I reckon I have to upgrade the future official firmware via OTA or use ODIN to flash it?