The best AntiVirus App?

• Replies:28
  • OpenNot stickiedUnanswered

Nov 26, 2012 8:14:15 AM via Website

In your opinion . . . What is the Best Security/AntiVirus App. Available Today? And, How important are they???
Im Totally new to ALL of this!!! You guys have all been so cool! Does anybody know of a good free or cheap app thats not to complicated for a newbie???

Nov 27, 2012 1:07:05 PM via App

Avast AntiVirus is the beat AntiVirus available on the Google play , it's packed full of features , anti theft feature of the avast is the best part , lookout is also a good option but it's all features are not free as in avast

Nov 27, 2012 11:19:41 PM via Website

I have Kaspersky 2013 (amzn.to/T6w9jy) because the guys down at the computer shop recommended it for me. They say it has cloud protection so they have tons more definitions than other antivirus softwares which means they can stop more viruses.

Jan 10, 2014 11:37:58 PM via Website

If you have access to Google Play you shouldn't install one. It's been estimated that only 8 out of the 800.000 apps in Google Play are malware, thus as long as you download from Google Play you're safe. And by default your OS also checks any app you sideload for viruses, so you shouln't really worry.

Apr 23, 2014 2:26:26 PM via Website

Anti-virus apps are power hungry, and tend to have a very bad effect on your battery life. As long as you stick to the play store and don't install apps from dubious locations, you should be fine.

Apr 25, 2014 3:53:52 PM via Website

I'm using lookout antivirus. Think it's pretty good. You can even locate, remotely lock or erase your phone using this. And so far I think my phone is secure