[FREE] Crossword Solver

• Replies:12
Deactivated Account
  • Forum posts: 29

Dec 3, 2012, 3:08:07 PM via Website

CleverDic on Google Play

Hi,

Solve crosswords, find anagrams, beat your friends at Scrabble, decipher bad handwriting and boost your own word powers. CleverDic is the most versatile Anagram Finder and Crossword Solver combined.

Features:
  • Search for words with missing letters
  • Find two word anagrams
  • Sub-Anagrams: Enter a 9 letter anagram to find all the 8 letter words
  • Fast search algorithm
  • Look up word definitions
  • Display up to 200 results
  • Simple to use, quick and easy help box
  • Large dictionary, over 88,000 real words
  • No network connection required, works offline
Enter the letters you have for a crossword or the jumbled letters of an anagram, CleverDic will intelligently know whether you are looking for an anagram or crossword clue. Touch on a word to look up that word's meaning and expand your vocabulary.

Powerful two word anagram finder, for fun try searching for 'manchester united' or 'george bush' to find funny two word results. More importantly as a crossword solver, crack those tricky two word anagram crossword clues.

Beat TV's Countdown Dictionary Corner by finding bigger words to amaze your friends and family. CleverDic has a handy sub-anagram finder feature, for example enter a nine letter word and CleverDic will also search for all the possible 8 letter words.

Play better and improve your scores at Scrabble and WordFeud by using both the crossword solver and anagram finder features. Use the crossword solver feature to find words that fit the tiles on the board. Use the anagram finder feature to search for the possible words from your tiles.

CleverDic has its own built in dictionary so you can use the app when you are offline.

CleverDic on Google Play

Get CleverDic

— modified on Apr 5, 2013, 4:55:21 PM

Serg Sergeev

Angela Green
  • Forum posts: 492

Dec 4, 2012, 3:16:24 PM via Website

really smart little app :)

Deactivated Account

Dec 4, 2012, 9:32:59 PM via Website

Thanks Angela, glad you liked the app.

Deactivated Account

Jan 22, 2013, 5:08:28 PM via Website

Introducing a fantastic new feature, two word anagram searches.

Search for 'manchester united' or 'george bush' to find funny two word results.

Bigger and clearer display and its now easier to enter missing letters using numbers. For example type in z9 to find all the ten letter words beginning with z.

https://www.nextpit.com/en/android/market/apps/app/com.mpdbailey.cleverdicandroid/CleverDic-Crossword-Solver

— modified on Jan 22, 2013, 5:16:36 PM

rhemagroup
  • Forum posts: 12

Jan 22, 2013, 9:29:58 PM via Website

Interesting app.

Deactivated Account

Jan 22, 2013, 11:17:15 PM via Website

Thanks, hope you like it.

Deactivated Account

Feb 11, 2013, 3:54:27 PM via Website

Hi,

The latest version of CleverDic has been released, the most versatile crossword solver and anagram finder for Android. Lots of new features have been added:

• New setting to allow auto-rotation within the app.
  • Tip box now displays in landscape format for normal and small screens
  • Admob now appears behind the keyboard.
  • Removed ads from small screens
  • Added icons for the menu items
  • Allow installs to the SD Card
  • Change the text size on the help screen

Many thanks to Paul Nithsdale who suggested most of these new features and whom was kind enough to test a beta version of the release.

Further Details

The biggest change has been to support Android's auto-rotation feature as before CleverDic was fixed in portrait mode. I've had to re-design the hints and tips box so that it can be displayed on smaller screens both in portrait and landscape modes. If you do not like this feature you can disable auto-rotation from the settings menu and CleverDic will stay in portrait mode as in previous versions.

Admob banners are now removed for small screen devices and no adverts are shown when in landscape mode (except for extra large screen devices). I've tried to prevent ad banners appearing when the soft keyboard is showing, however this does not work 100% of the time.

The text size for the help screen can be set to small, medium or large from the menu on the help screen. To help with devices where memory is scarce I now allow the app to be moved/installed onto memory cards.

Links

Download from Android Pit:
https://www.nextpit.com/en/android/market/apps/app/com.mpdbailey.cleverdicandroid/CleverDic-Crossword-Solver

Or search for CleverDic on Google Play

Happy Crosswording
Pig Dog Bay

Deactivated Account

Feb 27, 2013, 11:49:55 AM via Website

CleverDic Crossword Solver

Wildcard Searches

Fantastic new feature added in this release, Wildcard Searches! Use the hash symbol, #, to represent 1 or more unknown letters, for example:

Enter #ace to find

• aerospace
  • face
  • hyperspace
  • peace
  • And over 80 other matches

Wildcards are a great new feature if you are a Scrabble or Wordfeud player, for example you may need to find a work that fits across other letters, x and t:

Enter #x.t# to find

• affixation
  • bauxite
  • exotic
  • flexitime
  • laxation
  • quixotic
  • vexatious
  • And over 70 other matches

Look at your letters to see which word fits.

Improved Search

Search results are now sent immediately to the screen without waiting for the search to complete. By using clever programming techniques (multi-threading) you can look through your results as they are coming. Most searches still take less than a few seconds to complete.

Latest Android

Jelly Bean 4.2.2 has just been released along with the latest programming SDK (v17). CleverDic has been updated to the latest code and thoroughly tested on a Google Nexus 7 and Galaxy Ace.

Hope you like the new features, please drop me an email or leave a comment with any feedback.

Happy Crosswording
Pig Dog Bay

CleverDic Crossword Solver

Serg Sergeev

Deactivated Account

Mar 9, 2013, 3:37:16 PM via Website

Selection of user comments for CleverDic

Kenneth Newton - March 6, 2013 - Version 1.12
Cleaver dick
Well thought out I use this app a lot thank you.

Richard Sullivan - March 6, 2013 - Samsung Galaxy S3 with version 1.10
Handy
Helps me out immensely on difficult crosswords with the missing letters function. Also give links for definition of words. An essential app if you enjoy crosswords and word workouts

Ann Geddes - February 17, 2013 - Samsung Galaxy S3 with version 1.11
CleverDic
Very useful and easy to use. I like being able to type in letters and spaces rather than filling in a grid. Haven't used anagram solver but the link to the dictionary is very useful too.

nigel jennett - February 13, 2013 - Samsung Galaxy Note with version 1.10
Well thought out and effective
This is so good it is difficult to resist using it. The link to online definitions us very handy and the anagram function is positively addictive..

Helen Lawless - February 12, 2013 - Version 1.11
Cleverdick crossword solver
Excellent app,very fast,it's never let me down yet.

J.P. Cook - February 10, 2013 - Version 1.10
Very clever dick
Best crossword solver I've used.

Robert Wilson - January 20, 2013 - HTC One X with version 1.10
Ripper
Gets me through the tough cryptic crosswords

Serg Sergeev

Deactivated Account

Mar 28, 2013, 1:08:15 PM via Website

Angela Green
  • Forum posts: 492

Mar 28, 2013, 3:53:14 PM via Website

Cute icon!!
Thi app made my cross words easier to solve, and also helped me learn new words instead of abandoning my crossword half way.

Serg Sergeev
  • Forum posts: 2

Mar 12, 2016, 3:35:52 PM via Website

I know the app to search for words.

Search]: serg.com.erudit in Google Play

— modified on Mar 12, 2016, 3:38:54 PM