Apps don't update my Account & Sync lists

• Replies:1
Tobey Charles
  • Forum posts: 1

Dec 4, 2012, 7:11:21 AM via Website

Hi there,

I've just recently purchased an Xperia X10 and have been playing around with it, trying to get it set up correctly. I came to the realization that it was lacking a number of the google based apps, most importantly the app store on the Google play website. After some digging I found myself a copy of it and installed the app, but still couldn't access the store as it required an account to be set up with my google credentials.

I've got a Gmail account all set up, ready to go, but for whatever reason when I try to add an account to the phone none of the expected account types are available. At the moment, only 3 account types can be added: SyncML, Exchange Active Sync, and Sony Ericsson Sync. I tested a few other apps, some google based plus the facebook app and none of them seem to update the link / accounts list to join up the app with an account. I checked permissions on the installed apps and they all look in order. I checked for settings inside the accounts & sync page, but to no avail. I have tried uninstalling / reinstalling the apps, and that yielded no results either.

I'm about at the end of my tether with this, if anyone can think of something I'm missing I'm all ears.

Deactivated Account
  • Forum posts: 835

Dec 28, 2012, 10:24:45 AM via App

yup :-)
you need a big package of gapps.to get it runnin, googlesync, google play duties.(dont know how it is in english), google backup, googledownloader.
I would recommend zou to download Seus (sony ericsson update service) and just reflash your software with it.
then it should be available.
Greets

Sony Ericsson Xperia X10 - nach langem Diesnt in Rente; verschenkt
Sony Xperia ZL (Odin) - gebrickt; repariert, meiner Mutter angedreht
Motorola Moto G 4G - endlich entsperrt & gerootet - verscherbelt
Nexus 4 - MultiROM mit SailfishOS, FirefoxOS & Ubuntu Touch - auf Arbeit ins Klo gefallen
Sony Xperia Z1 Compact - Cynogenmod 12.1
Innos D6000 - nicht rootbar
Momentan: Xiaomi Redmi 4X