Problem with android!

• Replies:3
Roshan Racer
  • Forum posts: 1

Dec 20, 2012, 5:44:03 PM via Website

This is the error which I get when I try to boot my phone into recovery mode using vol up+ vol down+ power button.
I had read in some page that to select some option we must click the power button. But it isn't working..

Actually I'm unable to switch on my phone. Whenever I try to do it, my phone gets stuck on the boot logo itself!
Please help!

Below is the photo of the error:

Patrick R.
  • Forum posts: 66

Dec 20, 2012, 5:50:49 PM via App

How did it happen? Were you flashing a rom or kernel? Sorry i am on the mobile app, what phone is that? I'd like to know more before I give advice. I might make things worse.

sinkster
  • Forum posts: 610

Dec 21, 2012, 1:00:29 AM via Website

In recovery, use the home button to select an option(if you're phone has one...), what were you trying to do. Do you have a custom rom to flash, or a backup to restore? Plus, there should be an advanced option to wipe the dalvik cache which may help

Sinkster

Patrick R.
  • Forum posts: 66

Dec 21, 2012, 2:58:22 PM via Website

@Sinclair, well, it looks like the stock recovery. Stock recovery usually does not have the wipe dalvik cache option available in custom recoveries.

@Roshan Racer, please provide more details like phone model, what you were trying to do (rooting, flash a rom or kernel) and the exact steps that you did. If you messed up a step flashing a rom or kernel - reflashing a stock rom via odin might fix the problem. Hopefully the phone is not bricked or if it is, it is a soft brick which may be recovered by a jtag or jig.