64gb SDXC Card

• Replies:3
John Cook
  • Forum posts: 1

Jan 5, 2013, 10:11:00 PM via Website

I have just got a 64gb micro sdxc card for my note 10.1 but the tablet seems to refuse to accept it. Can anyone advise as to what the problem could potentially be? Every time I load the card and "Mount" it all I get is the mesage that the card can be safely removed.

I have tried reformatting but my laptop only gives the option of exFat or NTFS, will exFAT be acceptable as the manual states that only FAT will do?

Published articles seemed to indicate that this card would work on earlier model samsung android phones hence my purchaing the card.

I have a 16gb micro sd card which works perfectly.

Any help or advice gratefully accepted.

John

NuttyComputer

Jan 9, 2013, 12:27:58 AM via Website

64GB SDXC doesn't work on the Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1, I bought a SanDisk 64GB SDXC and it just won't format or mount, I contacted SanDisk and they said this is a problem with Samsung and not the Memory Cards.. :angry:
Yet the 64GB SDXC works fine in my Samsung Galaxy SGSIII and formats and mounts ! but you still can't mount it in the Tablet even after you have formatted it on the Galaxy SGSIII :mad:

Try contacting Samsung, maybe they might release another firmware to solve this fault !

Strange though the Galaxy SGSIII came out in May and the Galaxy Note 10.1 came out in UK about 3 months later?
I wonder if the Galaxy Note Mobile works with SDXC ??? I don't know as I don't have that Mobile....

All the best John...

Gavin Smith
  • Forum posts: 2

Jan 22, 2013, 12:56:37 AM via Website

I have installed 64gb card in mine and it works fine but I had to get mate at work to format the card in fat 32 format!

Lee D

Jan 22, 2013, 4:26:34 PM via Website

SDXC cards are faster than SDHC cards.

For SDXC cards to be faster, they need to be formatted in exFAT.

If you format your SDXC to FAT32 from it's default exFAT you will force it to slower SDHC speeds.

Additional reference material:
(because I'm a new user, I can't post links.)

Google & click 1st link --> Capacity (SD/SDHC/SDXC) There are three standards for capacity:

Google & click 1st link --> The Secure Digital eXtended Capacity (SDXC) format supports cards up to 2 TB ( 2048 GB ), compared to a limit of 32 GB for SDHC cards in the SD 2.0 specification.

Google & click 1st link --> What operating systems support the exFAT file format? SDXC Memory Cards and Memory devices over 64GB are formatted natively in the exFAT file system. The operating system must support