Transfer iPhone SMS and MMS to Android

• Replies:6
  • Closed
Pedor Mao
  • Forum posts: 1

Feb 20, 2013, 7:25:02 AM via Website

[APP] Do you want to transfer both iPhone SMS and MMS to Android phone? Backuptrans iPhone SMS + MMS to Android Transfer must be the best choice for you. It is designed to transfer SMS and MMS from iPhone to Android phone directly. Connect both your iPhone and android phone to computer, and you will get it done in a few seconds. Fully compatible with the latest iOS 6 and iPhone 5.

Features:
1 Transfer iPhone SMS and MMS with attachments to Android
2 Transfer SMS and MMS to Android from iTunes Backup
3 Extract picture, video, audio attachments from iPhone MMS to computer
4 Save iPhone SMS and MMS to local database on computer
5 Copy SMS and MMS from PC local database to Android
6 Export iPhone SMS and MMS to document files
7 Print out iPhone SMS and MMS in amazing threading mode

Best luck!

Angela Green
  • Forum posts: 492

Feb 26, 2013, 1:11:32 PM via Website

I remember back in the days when I switched from iPhone I couldnt bring any of the data with me to my new android phone.... This app would be useful.

bobbybrend
  • Forum posts: 2

Mar 20, 2013, 5:20:09 PM via Website

Use Backup & Transfer application on your mobile. Take the Backup of your messages only. Its going to store in SDCard/data/backup/.sbf.
You can copy this file into your PC using a Cable or using Bluetooth.
Anyways I prefer Android Transfer which syncs your SMS, contacts, Call Logs, etc with your gmail.

Admin edit: **links are forbidden**

— modified on Jun 27, 2013, 9:42:17 AM by moderator

Yannick T
  • Forum posts: 10

Feb 5, 2014, 4:02:07 PM via Website

Not as easy as it looks. You need to use iTunes in order to back up the iPhone. Then go to the Mobile Sync folder on your PC or Mac and find the iOS backup folder with the encrypte file containing the iPhone text messages. The file name should be as follows:

3d0d7e5fb2ce288813306e4d4636395e047a3d28

Place this file on your Android phone and then download one out of a number of similar apps which can read the iPhone SMS file on your Android phone and transfer it to the new phone's memory. I used iSMStoDroid or isms2droid - don't remember the exact name.

genevievemiller
  • Forum posts: 4

Feb 12, 2014, 3:44:52 AM via Website

Thank you for your information sharing.
You can also transfer SMS from iPhone to Android with iPhone to Android Transfer.
This handy tool is a phone to phone transfer well designed to copy various contents including messages between most kinds of mobile phones in use.

cally luis
  • Forum posts: 1

Feb 12, 2014, 4:27:24 AM via Website

SMS/MMS are not synced with an application on your computer or included with the iTunes sync process in any way except for being included with your iPhone's backup which is updated by iTunes as the first step during the iTunes sync process. The data included with the iPhone's backup is not stored in your iTunes library. This link provides the data on your iPhone that is included with your iPhone's backup.
There are a number of 3rd party utilities that provide for extracting select data from your iPhone's backup on your computer for access to the data on your computer for archiving or printing, etc. Here is one of them.

Yannick T
  • Forum posts: 10

Feb 17, 2014, 7:10:31 PM via Website

cally luis
The data included with the iPhone's backup is not stored in your iTunes library.

It's indeed not stored within iTunes library, but you can easily fined the iTunes Backup folder and find the file containing the backed up text messages as indicated above.