google app store in china

• Replies:20
  • OpenNot stickiedUnanswered

Mar 8, 2013 3:29:39 PM via Website

Hello. I created an android-game, published it free on google play store and waited 3 days. the funny thing: i haven't made marketing for my game and haven't posted about it anywhere. But for some reason, analytics showed 1.200 users from china, which haven't received the app over the play store (chinese users are not in the play-store-statistics). how is that possible? Every day, more and more chinese are installing this app to their android-phones. On the rest of the world, no real excitement is measurable. Can someone help me to understand??

Thanks in advance
Mike

Mar 26, 2013 11:38:33 AM via Website

Hi Mike,

Chinese Android market has already grown bigger than the US one and the users are hungry for the apps unlike americans. Why don`t you add more effort to get more profit from Chinese if they already express interest? :) Don`t get surprised to that reaction since it is more consequent than strange :)

Mar 26, 2013 12:58:41 PM via Website

I think they hacked your app and put it on their own market.
My case is same like you.
I uploaded my app only on google play.
One day, crittercism notified me an error with X.X version format.
But I use X.X.X version format.
I thought my app was hacked by them.

Apr 25, 2013 5:22:29 AM via Website

Jeedori
I think they hacked your app and put it on their own market.
My case is same like you.
I uploaded my app only on google play.
One day, crittercism notified me an error with X.X version format.
But I use X.X.X version format.
I thought my app was hacked by them.

I also think so...Just wonder how the hackers stole your game though..

Aug 30, 2013 10:58:14 AM via Website

Gotta love China. There's a ridiculous number of app stores in China big and small somewhere along the lines of 200 or more stores in total. Every OEM has their own, the big guys like Baidu have one, along with tons of entrepreneurs looking to take a piece of the Android app store revenue. So I'd say you can take this as a blessing. Someone did the work for you and you didn't even need to localize :grin:

Oct 24, 2013 7:15:58 PM via Website

China's users don't have access to paid apps, and sometimes not the Play Store at all, so odds are somebody ripped it off to make it available in whatever app store they do have there.

--I do a good impression of myself--

Deactivated Account

Nov 12, 2013 11:33:38 AM via Website

well users with such reports are increasing i wonder why google is not taking any step ??8o8o

Feb 10, 2014 10:06:29 AM via Website

I am very, actually, we really want to use Google Play permitted, however, we just cannot.
Google supply no service for us, the government forbid us to use it correct.
We are victims really.

Oct 4, 2014 4:10:53 AM via Website

LZ77

Does admob pay for clicks from cracked Chinese apps?

China is a good market. But I can not register for an account in the app store in the country. If you could give me a few pointers