Samsung Galaxy Note 2 — Battery is completely shocking!!!

• Replies:7
Luke Bennett
  • Forum posts: 1

Mar 26, 2013, 10:29:15 PM via Website

Hello everyone!

This may have been asked 100+ times but im having a nightmare with my Note 2..

I take it off charge early morning around 6am / 6.30am, and by 2pm its down to around 30% which I believe (correct me if im wrong) is really bad.

Can anyone advise please!

My1
  • Forum posts: 673

May 1, 2013, 6:03:25 AM via App

Can you please say
A) which variant of the N2 you have (Americans and Koreans are crazy enough to bring out a whole new phone juat for their country /carrier)
B ) Then give me your version details (type *#1234# in your phone and post that data in here.
C) give us the main battery screen, where you have a list of the apps and suxh having the most battery drain...
Regards

— modified on May 1, 2013, 6:03:52 AM

MFG/Regards My1

Deactivated Account
  • Forum posts: 110

Jun 20, 2013, 9:59:57 AM via Website

if you are running it on 3G all day - its going to super drain your battery as well. If you can switch to Wifi while you are at work/school

urstrinath
  • Forum posts: 17

Jun 26, 2013, 11:21:57 AM via Website

Same here please help me also.... :(

My1
  • Forum posts: 673

Jun 26, 2013, 11:22:55 AM via Website

Georg Seebode
if you are running it on 3G all day - its going to super drain your battery as well. If you can switch to Wifi while you are at work/school
or use 2G

MFG/Regards My1

Kris Carlon
  • Forum posts: 1,110

Jun 26, 2013, 12:03:01 PM via Website

Hi Luke, what power saving mode are you using? As mentioned already, always-on Bluetooth, Wi-Fi, 3G etc will massively drain your battery, as will a variety of display-heavy options (like watching video), but I take it you're minimising these already. Have a look at this article with a few more tips that might also help:
https://www.nextpit.com/android-battery-saver-top-tips

Follow Kris on Google+ and Twitter / Forum Rules - Recommended for new AndroidPIT members! / Important to all community members: please read before posting

McDonald Nhambure
  • Forum posts: 1

Aug 29, 2013, 4:22:01 PM via Website

...i have switched off bloototh, wifi et all but i have to keep it connected to a charger after 6hrs.

Aznxking
  • Forum posts: 2

Dec 7, 2013, 7:38:54 PM via Website

I recommend you download this app from Google Play....'Galaxy Charging Current' then put your phone on charge and open the app. If it shows around 1000 mAh output from your charger then I recommend you get another Original Samsung charger for your phone. Why because I had exactly same problem, my phones charge would drain within 5 hours then I downloaded the 'Galaxy Charging Current' app and was surprised to see my charger was outputing only 750 mAh when for Note 2.. I should have output of 1800+ mAh for battery to last long. After replacing with another original samsung charger with 1800 mAh output my battery lasts whole day with very heavy usage including 3G on for 24/7...also I don't run any Power Saving modes and it charges really fast now, just over 1 hour fully charged. Most importantly now the phone keeps hold of the charge much longer and you notice it.

— modified on Dec 7, 2013, 7:48:11 PM