My Power Button is Broken and Won't Go On

• Replies:0
Sam Burton
  • Forum posts: 1

May 1, 2013, 2:36:46 AM via Website

Okay so, I've been googling this for four hours and thus far nothing has worked. Here's my problem:

My android Nexus S's power button came off a few weeks ago when I was cleaning it (because it wasn't working) so I've been using a pen (or my nail) to press it to turn it on and off. Annoying but worked fine. Last night I went to turn it on with the pen, and it wouldn't go on and had went into shut down mode. I plugged it into the charger and held the button with the pen, and nothing. I've done everything I've researched like removing the battery when it is plugged into the USB or charger, and the same result occurs: the miniature white battery sign shows up to indicate charging, and thats it. I hold it for thirty seconds to a minute, and nothing.

At this point I don't expect it come back to life entirely, I simply want to put it on long enough to upload the photos I stupidly did not back up. If anyone has a suggestion of how I could turn it on, or even a way I can retrieve the photos I'd greatly appreciate it.