Hey everybody!

• Replies:10
Latos09
  • Forum posts: 49

May 8, 2013, 12:33:07 PM via Website

Hey all,
I'm new in this forum and I'm a big fan of Android. I have the Samsung Galaxy Ace with Cyanogenmod 4.2.2 installed.
I would like to help people with their problems and I look forward to have nice discussions! :D
I'm happy about some comments.

Latos09

— modified on May 8, 2013, 4:33:05 PM

HowDoYouAndroid.com
  • Forum posts: 145

May 8, 2013, 2:58:22 PM via Website

Hi Latos! Nice to see ya!

HowDoYouAndroid.com

Dvoraak
  • Forum posts: 86

May 9, 2013, 1:37:44 AM via Website

Welcome Latos. How do you like that CM? I've never had it pure. Always one of the variations. My S3 is on Task's AOKP right now and I'm LOVING it :)

Latos09

May 9, 2013, 11:10:02 AM via Website

Hey Dvoraak,
I use Cyanogenmod now since almost a year. At the beginning there was only CM 9 with 4.0.1 available, but after a few time the developers published CM 10 and with it android 4.2.2. With CM 9 the phone crashed more often and the camera could only takes pictures but no movies. That wasn't very nice and because of this I was happy about CM 10. I installed it and was pleasantly surprised. Everything works nice and fast an I can take movies now, too. I can only recommend it! ;)
What about AOKP? I have only heard about it but I have no experience with AOKP. :blink:

Dvoraak

May 9, 2013, 1:12:49 PM via Website

ROMs are one of the beautiful things about Android. AOKP just takes the CM base and modifies it with their own flavor. I love the customization that comes with it though there are some that take it a lot further. PACman ROM for example takes the best out of CM, AOKP and Paranoid Android and gives you so much customization it could keep you busy for hours just exploring what you can do.

Tyler Morrisson
  • Forum posts: 36

May 10, 2013, 10:26:44 AM via Website

Welcome!

Latos09

May 10, 2013, 3:42:49 PM via Website

What can you adjust more than in CM? I have been always of the opinion that I can customize with CM a lot :D

Dvoraak

May 10, 2013, 3:55:15 PM via Website

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JtgBnGZImfA
Max gives a pretty good breakdown of PACman.

Basically it's a matter of having 3 different sets of settings. One set each for CM, AOKP and PA. A couple of examples of extras you get that CM alone doesn't provide are Pie Controls (Paranoid Android) and Nav Bar (AOKP). Task's AOKP has added Nav Ribbons as well (not sure if ribbons are available anywhere else or not). These are all extra interface controls that some would find very useful.

Latos09

May 10, 2013, 4:39:44 PM via Website

Ok the video is very impressively. It looks quite good and there are many options to make it more useful than it always is. What I miss with CM and 4.2.2 is the setting for the developers. That was very good to overclock the phone :D

Dvoraak

May 10, 2013, 4:58:18 PM via Website

I overclock with Rom Toolbox although many roms come with their own cpu app. You can also open up some clock and voltage options by using custom kernels.

Latos09

May 10, 2013, 5:16:53 PM via Website

I know that there are some apps for doing overclocking, but I have a big problem with my Ace: There is only 180 mb internal memory and they are full. I only have 10 downloaded apps and all of them are important for me. The problem already begins with updating WhatsApp. I couldn't do so because of the memory.. That sucks :(