How to Reinstall Android? Is it possbile to reinstall Android OS?

• Replies:6
  • ClosedAnswered
George Ashley
  • Forum posts: 2

May 15, 2013, 11:12:21 AM via Website

Hello Members,

I have samsung galaxy y duos phone with Gingerbread 2.0 android OS In one accident my mobile was damaged in water. Now mobile is working good after repairing, but i want to reinstall android. Is this possible to reinstall android? Because some minor problem i am still facing, so i decide to reinstall android. So can anyone suggest me what can i do? is it required or possible to reinstall android OS ?

Thank You

sinkster
  • Forum posts: 610

May 19, 2013, 1:33:11 PM via Website

Do you mean a factory reset, as in restoring your phone to the state it was when you got it? There should be an option in settings for this(I'm not familiar with the Samsung ui) which will reset your phone. You'll lose all your internal data(contacts, apps, etc.) but your contacts should be linked to your google account.

Sinkster

George Ashley

Aug 27, 2013, 1:26:18 PM via Website

Thanks For Your Reply Sinkster,

I have done that you describe in your post, and lucky all things done well. Now my mobile works fine like previous. Thanks for your support and sorry for late replying to you...

Thank You

Deactivated Account
  • Forum posts: 72

Sep 19, 2013, 2:43:39 PM via Website

If you mean a reset then yes you may do that from hard reset but that just wipes your device's cache and data. If you want to reinstall the OS a restore could help... I am not pretty sure about that.

Joel W.
  • Forum posts: 164

Oct 23, 2013, 7:48:03 PM via Website

Reinstalling Android is a pretty vague concept. As others have said, you can do a factory reset. The other option is to completely wipe and reset your phone, but that requires root. Do a Google search for "root Galaxy Y Duos" and follow the directions on XDA Developers. Once you've done that, you'll need to install Clockwork Mod (CWM) and find a ROM that will work on the phone. Odds are that's not worth it to you, but this is just FYI.

--Joel

--I do a good impression of myself--

reza

Pros Shrestha

Jun 8, 2014, 12:20:14 PM via Website

the wipe and reset thing you are talking about...... how can i do that???? the thing is, i had rooted my device and trying out various apps and messing with the system files...... and somehow something went wrong..... my screen started to run itself..... it started opening apps itself(you know what i mean).... and now the home button stopped working and my wifi is not connecting also...... could you plzzzz help me with this???

sinkster
  • Forum posts: 610

Jun 9, 2014, 9:54:41 AM via Website

Hi Pros. You'll need to start your own thread with some relevant details such as phone model, android version, what you have done or remember doing, etc. This thread was for a separate issue which was resolved and the answers posted may not be suitable for your situation.

Sinkster