How do you monetize your Apps?

• Replies:60
Paul Banks
  • Forum posts: 1

May 21, 2013, 2:48:07 PM via Website

Hi guys. Sorry if there are thousand similar threadsm but anyway...
How do you monetize your apps? Which networks do you use and why?

Waiting for your replies.

max lenard

May 21, 2013, 6:28:31 PM via Website

I monetize my apps advertising other apps inside mine.

I've tried Airpush at the beginning, but it brought me a few problems with users as regards the notifications.

A few weeks ago, I start using a relatively new Ad-Network called mobilecore in 2 apps. I'm currently using their interstitial ad & icon ad; but I know they have just launched a tool that is like a slider.
Basically I'm monetizing with them cos most of my users are from Tier I (difficult region), and I'm doing a $2,5-3,2 weekly eCPM, that is a lot.

There are two other apps in which I use Leadbolt. They were providing me also a good eCPM between $1-1,5 in Middle East with the VideoAd & the Advanced Overlays.

Hope you find my opinion helpful ;)

YXY
  • Forum posts: 3

May 23, 2013, 9:24:32 AM via Website

You could try selling it on Google and Amazon as paid apps, or by putting ads in the apps, you could get money from the clicks.

Recently, I've submitted an app to a foreign company for distribution on STBs. They pay for the copy of each app used on an STB. You might want to try it. Since I can't post links now, you could google the company called Nevron and click on their news link. They're still looking for developer submissions.

joshua44

Aug 19, 2013, 3:50:26 PM via Website

I'm monetizing with Epom market. They have proper ads that actually lead to conversions, because previous network I've been with had awful quality of banners, they just ruined my app :)
Epom's SDK is super easy to implement, plus they have friendly support that can help you with implementation in case you aren't so enlightened :)
AirPush is pretty OK for me too, though I'm not always with ad's quality.
AirPush gives me ~1.5$ eCPM, Epom's ~2$ eCPM.

Aleta Hunt
  • Forum posts: 6

Nov 25, 2013, 4:39:02 AM via Website

I'm wanting to find out more about everyones monetization strategies. With the the current monetization models in use, is there anything that you would want to change or make different. If there was a non-intrusive way to monetize your app that was also relevant to your users, would this be of interest to you all?

Sohan M
  • Forum posts: 10

Nov 25, 2013, 10:37:25 AM via Website

Aleta Hunt
I'm wanting to find out more about everyones monetization strategies. With the the current monetization models in use, is there anything that you would want to change or make different. If there was a non-intrusive way to monetize your app that was also relevant to your users, would this be of interest to you all?

Hello Aleta

You have three major options to monetize when it comes to your mobile app.

1. You can use mobile ads. Many apps use this method of monetizing. You can partner with a mobile ad company like InMobi, Millenial, Chartboost etc that will serve ads on your app. Based on number of impressions/clicks you get you will get paid. I suggest you read up on terms like CPM, CPC etc

2. You can use In-App Purchases or the Freemium model. This depends on the type of app of course. If yours is a game, you can charge for more levels, power-up packs etc. Alternately you can offer basic features for free and unlock pro features for a small fee. This is a great method of monetizing as its not intrusive and also people don't mind paying for something they already prefer using.

3. You can always just have a paid app. Be warned though: Unless your app offers unique or great functionality most people won't go in for this. Also, 30% of what you charge will go to Apple/Android.

Let me know if you would like any more details or more help. I'm happy to share any info :)

Sohan M

Nov 25, 2013, 10:43:28 AM via Website

Paul Banks

Here is some info about ad networks you can use:

InMobi : The world's largest independent ad network, they offer high CTRs as well as built-in analytics.
Chartboost: They have high CTRs and CVRs due to the use of high-converting ad formats
Ad Mob: A Google product, their self-serve model is very good.
Millenial Media: They recently acquired Jumptap (another ad network). Their audience targeting options are quite advanced
TapJoy: They have incentivized ad solutions which result in a large no. of app downloads.

Aleta Hunt

Nov 26, 2013, 1:28:14 AM via Website

Hi Sohan,

Thanks for your reply!

It seems like you have a lot of knowledge and experience when it comes to App monetization! Do you have an App yourself? It would be great to take a look at it!

— modified on Nov 26, 2013, 1:28:37 AM

Sohan M

Nov 26, 2013, 9:49:14 AM via Website

Aleta Hunt
Hi Sohan,

Thanks for your reply!

It seems like you have a lot of knowledge and experience when it comes to App monetization! Do you have an App yourself? It would be great to take a look at it!

Thanks Aleta :)
I have few apps on the app store but none of them have any ads! All free apps. I do work in the industry though so I know the nuances.

If you have any other questions I'd be happy to answer them :)

Andreas Vourkos
  • Forum posts: 8

Dec 18, 2013, 3:45:22 PM via Website

You can also give a try to Pollfish. Pollfish introduced a new innovative method that pays 10-20x more than classic advertising methods for monetizing mobile apps. It offers minimal intrusion and high payouts to the developers!

Turmin
  • Forum posts: 12

Feb 19, 2014, 12:57:20 PM via Website

With Admob? Mobvista?

Earn Droid

Feb 19, 2014, 3:15:42 PM via Website

there are so many ad networks out there airpush,leadbolt, startapp

PM me to find more ways to monetize your android app......i can get you more solutions!

Clara
  • Forum posts: 4

Apr 1, 2014, 5:14:05 PM via Website

Hi All,

Another option is AdBuddiz for full screen ads

Genelixis
  • Forum posts: 14

Apr 6, 2014, 9:53:42 AM via Website

Hello , i use :

Tap for Tap (full screen ads)
Revmod (full screen ads)
Vungle (video ads)

I think Vungle works better.Btw i make only games.

Bronsoner
  • Forum posts: 9

Apr 23, 2014, 10:57:28 PM via Website

Genelixis

Hello , i use :

Tap for Tap (full screen ads) Revmod (full screen ads) Vungle (video ads)

I think Vungle works better.Btw i make only games.

Did you try AdMob for comparison with those?

Roee

Apr 27, 2014, 4:57:31 AM via Website

Hi All, My company is developing a product that improves eCPM results generated by various ad networks. The way it works is by analyzing different signals within the phone, predicting (with very high accuracy) the demographics of the phone owner, and passing it within the ad request. This results in better ad targeting from the ad netwokrs, and thus better CTRs and eCPMs. I'm wondering if there are any developers here who would like to try our product. If yes, you can reply here or directly to me.

Roee

(P.S. I'm not mentioning my company name, since we're yet to go public with the product).

Satheesh Kumar
  • Forum posts: 20

May 1, 2014, 4:29:13 PM via Website

I'm using AdMob.
Really nice.

Satheesh Kumar
  • Forum posts: 20

May 2, 2014, 5:03:10 PM via Website

Whats is your way to promote your application?

do thong thai

May 14, 2014, 6:07:36 AM via Website

Now have manys ads network for u: admob, airpush, startapp...

Veronica C.
  • Forum posts: 11

May 28, 2014, 9:53:50 AM via Website

Hi Guys, I've been wondering what SDKs do you use to monetize your apps? Which ones did you integrate before and have had experience with? There are any different ones based on CPI, CPC, CPM models promoted by various ad networks.
Which ones proved to be the most profitable for you these days?

— modified on May 28, 2014, 9:54:18 AM

Roy Weinberg

Jun 8, 2014, 12:51:25 PM via Website

I use in-app purchases which are quite easy to set up and test with friends...

Tom Smith
  • Forum posts: 2

Jun 10, 2014, 1:08:52 PM via Website

Hi the best way to monetize your app is to leave a space in your app for the advertising it will helps to earn more money with your app.....as we all know that everyone using smartphones so apps helps in business growth or to gain new customers but first of all you have an knowledge how to make app or you should hire an developer.

Augusto ghigliotti

Jul 17, 2014, 4:19:27 PM via Website

Paul Banks

Hi Paul, hope you find great!

The best way of monetazing your Apps is "Darriens" a leading media company, we offer solutions for display, mobile and video advertising.

We have more than 5.000 live apps runnning on our exchange, and having really good results and revenues everyday.

Feel free to contact me,on my personal Edit: Personal email address not allowed

Kind regards.

— modified on Jul 18, 2014, 7:39:26 AM by moderator

awingGame

Jul 19, 2014, 11:39:13 AM via Website

i use google admob.

dmitry An

Jul 20, 2014, 12:20:57 PM via Website

I use admob and chart boost

Andreas Vourkos

Jul 28, 2014, 10:33:30 AM via Website

Appropriate monetization strategy for each app differs and depends on app's context and flow. Combination and experiment with different ad networks may provide good results.

Joei@AdBuddiz

Joao Vicente

Feb 20, 2015, 4:04:52 PM via Website

dmitry An

Hi, i use Admob for Brazil, and I don't have i good performance.

Do any of you guys have a Brazilian audience so we can exchange some thougths?

Best,

Vicky J
  • Forum posts: 11

Mar 6, 2015, 7:10:17 AM via Website

For me, I use banner ads, occasionally interstitial. In-app purchases are also important if you have something like extra features or items that can help users in their game play.

Since I am using Xamarin for Android to develop my app. I am not sure if there's many compatible library that I can choose. I just ported my first app from Windows Phone to Android so still learning.

esqwe

Apr 8, 2015, 2:42:20 PM via Website

I use Admob ads. I think Admob is the best mobile ad network.

Michelle M.

Apr 15, 2015, 10:49:06 AM via Website

Hey Joao Vicente,

Supersonic has great traffic in Brazil. If you're interested in boosting your apps performance, you should definitely try them out.
Feel free to message me if you want a special promotion for new users.

Ciao!

FSM

Jul 23, 2015, 2:32:01 PM via Website

I am using Ogury for a year for my Android Apps. Ogury guarantees the highest CPM on the market. My current CPM value is $15. You can earn up to $20 for each 1000 impressions if you have an Android app. Your users are not disturbed with ads because Ogury shows ads when only an ad is relevant to the user. You can use Ogury with other ad-networks and you gain extra revenue with Ogury. Publisher managers are very friendly. Ogury has high ECPM and fast payment! Highly Recommended!

Why do I work with Ogury?
- Ogury Ltd helps me by their user and publisher friendly, guaranteed highest monetization solution on the market.
- The result is as guaranteed and fascinating.
- One thing I like is their guaranteed highest CPM and their great publisher support.
- I find their solution is innovative and different from other ad-networks. They are more than an ad-network.
- I recommend Ogury Ltd to people who need guaranteed CPM, extra revenue, user friendly publisher support and happy app users.

You can contact to the publisher manager by sending email, he will help you for signing up:
publishermanager@ogury.co

— modified on Jul 23, 2015, 2:32:29 PM

RobertV

Aug 7, 2015, 9:37:52 AM via Website

I just started using Adcash 4 my gaming app. First impressions are pretty good. So lets see.

Jose Rodriguez

Paulie Pham
  • Forum posts: 97

Aug 12, 2015, 4:11:52 AM via Website

Usually, you monetize your apps by having other people advertise on your apps.
To find those kinds of people who want to put ads on your apps, you work with a mediator platform.
The platform matches the needs (from basic to technically specific characteristics) of your apps with the requirements of the advertisers.

Admob of Google is a big name but personally I prefer ADSOTA
- Its eCPM is high (eCPM is the rate that reflect your earning effectivity)
- Its is easy and smooth to use

Jose Rodriguez

Incredible Hulk

Aug 27, 2015, 11:39:26 PM via Website

Hi guys,

I am using Appodeal to monetize my apps. Published a few games in GPlay. They have developed a free monetization optimization tool and I got the access to different ad networks, RTB exchanges. Appodeal does everything automatically for me. and I can confirm that my revenue grew after using those product.

I must say I am happy with the results.

Also take into account that they support different frameworks which for sure will make your life as a developer easier.

arthisoft
  • Forum posts: 9

Sep 2, 2015, 12:50:30 PM via Website

Admob is really helpful for monetization

mark kessler

Sep 2, 2015, 1:54:01 PM via Website

I know the one company who can help you in better way.. mobilepundits

Spirulina's Games

Sep 2, 2015, 3:32:42 PM via Website

Hi! I'm using AdMob and others ADS, like Vungle, UnityADS

Incredible Hulk

Sep 2, 2015, 9:41:32 PM via Website

Hi Spirulina Games

Appodeal gives access to Admob, Vungle, Unity Ads, Smaato, Rubicon Project, Inmobi. More than 10 that's for sure. I received their newsletter how to better monetize with videos. Implementing videos now into my games. For now majority of my income comes from interstitials.

anna.k

Sep 3, 2015, 8:39:50 AM via Website

Joao Vicente

dmitry An

Hi, i use Admob for Brazil, and I don't have i good performance.

Do any of you guys have a Brazilian audience so we can exchange some thougths?

Best,

Hi!
Have you ever thought about ad mediation network? For example, Adtoapp. It doubles revenue from mobile apps. It delivers highest eCPM on a market and always 100% fill rate. With single SDK it gets access to 20+ ad networks in 184+ countries.

duzins

Sep 25, 2015, 4:06:32 AM via Website

We work with alot of startups (my company is mariposaagency.com), and one of our clients has an SDK you drop into your app that triggers ads out of the mobile device (on taxi tvs, gas pump displays, kiosks, billboards, etc). It's probably the closest thing to a monetization for apps that doesn't actually affect app UX and the CPMs are pretty high. It's in beta now, but I'm happy to connect you with the founder to see if you can get into the beta. I know he's looking for app developers now to help try it out before the official launch. You can PM me or email me at robyn@mariposaagency.com if you want me to make an intro.

Otherwise, I think in-app purchases are probably the next best thing -- certainly where the most money is coming from these days. We don't see alot of premium apps (ie charging for the app) with our startups, but I know for some apps it's effective. In-app ads, if used sparingly, can be a good method, but the payout isn't great unless you have a lot of users, and even then if you're doing it too forcefully or in an annoying way, it can run off users.

Win Cash

Sep 25, 2015, 11:17:55 PM via Website

get a website first, and social networking

Jewel Huang

Sep 29, 2015, 8:21:43 AM via Website

you can consider our network, incentmobi, integrate our sdk, you can get$40-$60 for every 1000 new installs. for more info, pls PM me.

funkyzoo
  • Forum posts: 21

Oct 12, 2015, 12:13:56 AM via Website

I use mopub. Once integrated you can switch between many networks like AdMob, chartboost, vungle...and more

mark kessler

Oct 15, 2015, 11:16:46 AM via Website

Building an mobile apps is an easy in these days, however monetizing these apps is difficult task for developers. Here some points help you to monetize your app in an easy way..
1 Data driven app engagement strategy
2. multiple payment option
3. solid content strategy
4. Partnerships
5. SMS marketing
6 Advertising

Adam Carnol
  • Forum posts: 22

Oct 15, 2015, 11:47:49 AM via Website

I am using Flurry

ricky martin
  • Forum posts: 166

Oct 17, 2015, 4:50:43 AM via Website

You can monetize your mobile traffic with PropellerAds Media.
They are offering good CPM rate for Mobile Traffic.

TotalSystemCare - Software to Care for your PC

comefor

Oct 17, 2015, 5:27:23 AM via Website

Look at all the calls made from and to the target phone in addition to any missed calls. Get details like the phone numbers and contact names that the target phone has communicated with. Get time and date stamps to find out when each call was made and for how long. All call logs are uploaded to your online Mxspy control panel which you can access from anywhere with an internet connection. You can view the call logs by date or call time and you can even export and download all records as a spreadsheet.

Why You Need This Feature
Even if you can hear what someone is talking about, isn’t it all important to find out exactly who they are talking to? Wouldn’t you like to know who your children have been chatting with? Would you like to make sure your employees are not talking to rival businesses behind your back? mxspy can make sure that you don’t have to guess anymore as you can look at the complete call schedule of your target phone with all the details you need.

Clara

Oct 17, 2015, 6:14:45 PM via Website

Vicky J

Since I am using Xamarin for Android to develop my app. I am not sure if there's many compatible library that I can choose. I just ported my first app from Windows Phone to Android so still learning.

AdBuddiz has a community plugin for Xamarin ;) We also support many other platforms. Feel free to take a look!

— modified on Dec 7, 2015, 3:31:06 PM

Incredible Hulk

Dec 7, 2015, 11:54:59 AM via Website

hey Mark, you pretty much summed up it really well. There are lots of ways to make money out of the apps. I have a small app and decided to monetize with ads as the easiest way. You don't need to struggle with making user pay for download and they have access to benefits as well. I have added banners and interstitials and they can buy ads free version too. As for monetization I have checked mediation like Heyzap, Appodeal and Adtoapp. I have done a research on them and decided to go with Appodeal programmatic mediation due to high ecpm rates and painless integration.

— modified on Dec 8, 2015, 1:32:32 AM

Balint Farago
  • Forum posts: 19

Dec 14, 2015, 8:52:17 AM via Website

Win Cash

get a website first, and social networking

Agree