[APP][FREE] reClock - The Text Clock Widget That You Actually Read!

• Replies:0
Thomas Barrasso
  • Forum posts: 2

Jun 11, 2013, 12:13:20 AM via Website

Heya everyone!

I've just released reClock on the Google Play Store (play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.tombarrasso.android.reclock)! Beta testing is also available to anyone interested, just join the Google+ Community (plus.google.com/communities/110026757668250632023).

Interested in testing but don't have a Google+? You can also join the reClock Google Group (groups.google.com/d/forum/reclock)!

About reClock

It started as a joke with one of my friends, but soon become a realization in the form of an Android widget (for both the home and lock screens). The concept is contrary to that of nearly EVERY app today, rather than do work for you, it makes you do the work!
reClock displays the current time in reference to a recent or upcoming time. It randomly changes, keeping your home screen fresh and your mind alert. The goal is to become more mindful of time. Reading and actually processing what the widget says is the only way to know what time it is. This active engagement means that you'll remember more times in your biological clock, and eventually rely less on your smartphone.

Currently, reClock supports changing the text color, font (typeface either preloaded or by file), and the style (arrangement of text). Through a simple configuration screen it is easy to build the widget just how you want it.

Contributing

We'd love to have reClock in as many languages as possible, and don't worry, we'll credit you in the app! Just send me an email tom@barrasso.me and we'll work together to localize reClock in your language.
There is also the option to donate via an in-app purchase of $1.29 USD. This is much appreciated as it supports my time and effort developing. It'll unlock features & styles in return for your contribution!

That's it for now, let me know what you think and watch out on the Google+ Community for the chance to beta test reClock before it goes public.

Thanks!

Tom