How to fix the process com.google.process.gapps has stopped error

• Replies:41
  • ClosedNot stickiedUnanswered

Jun 12, 2013 12:11:01 PM via Website

Ive seen a few people ask how to fix "the process com.google.process.gapps has stopped" or "google.process.gapps has stopped unexpectedly" and its actually quite an easy fix. It shouldn't really matter on what device you see this error, or with what app/function it occurred, just follow these easy steps:

1. Go to MENU
2. Go to SETTINGS
3. Go to APPS
4. Look for DOWNLOAD MANAGER under ALL
5. Disable it then enable it

Menu-> Settings-> Apps-> All-> Download Manager (Disable then enable)

That should do the trick.

If for some reason that doesnt work, try clearing your app cache, or deleting some recently downloaded apps.

Jul 23, 2013 6:07:03 PM via Website

Try this.. settings ----> application manager ----> all ----> click the bottom left touch button and select reset apps (this will not erase the apps) this will only restore the apps into its fixed state

Jul 26, 2013 8:21:29 AM via Website

Why not you go at the settings and simply just click the end left touch key and choose totally reset applications (this will not remove the apps) this will only recover the applications into its set state .

Jul 29, 2013 9:35:16 PM via Website

Hello I had that problem with my otherhalfs galaxy 2 and tried a few things but you can try this. Go into app settings then go to all apps then hit bottom left buttom of phone then should get menu up with reset app preformance hope this helps.

Aug 5, 2013 4:38:18 PM via Website

hi all,

i installed ota update from samsung (4.2.2) for my s3. Now it started giving "unfortunately the process com.google.process.gapps has stopped" popup every 5 seconds. Made navigation & my life extremely difficult.

So, i did a google search. in application settings, reset the preferences, cleared data of "all apps", removed sync, all google accounts. the problem persisted. I took a backup via kies and did a factory reset as many suggested it is the last resort. the problem is still very much there and now i can't even get to home screen as for some reason phone's first time setup is not getting complete. it gets stuck at "google & location" screen and doesn't go further.

To add to it, the "unfortunately the process com.google.process.gapps has stopped" popup appears every 5 seconds and has made it worse.

The phone's out of warranty. I even tried to root it today using odin but odin is not detecting the phone. I installed usb drivers and rebooted the phone in recovery mode and still no luck.

I am running out of options. I got a vacation in few days and it will be a bummer if i cant use my fone.

Aug 11, 2013 10:17:08 PM via Website

I have tried all the tricks to get rid of this problem with no luck. I was at the point of resetting my tablet but I uninstalled the Facebook app and the problem has stopped. Will reload the app and keep you posted

Aug 13, 2013 11:48:03 PM via Website

Georg Seebode
Ive seen a few people ask how to fix "the process com.google.process.gapps has stopped" or "google.process.gapps has stopped unexpectedly" and its actually quite an easy fix. It shouldn't really matter on what device you see this error, or with what app/function it occurred, just follow these easy steps:

1. Go to MENU
2. Go to SETTINGS
3. Go to APPS
4. Look for DOWNLOAD MANAGER under ALL
5. Disable it then enable it

Menu-> Settings-> Apps-> All-> Download Manager (Disable then enable)

That should do the trick.

If for some reason that doesnt work, try clearing your app cache, or deleting some recently downloaded apps.