Prooblem with HTML5 audio player in android.

• Replies:5
Kenny Darkreine
  • Forum posts: 4

Jun 14, 2013, 1:16:38 PM via Website

Hi I wonder if anyone can help.

I've just installed an HTML5 audio player from codecanyon on my website. It said it was compatible with Android. The player sets up a play-list for you to play songs, it works fine in my internet browser, but when I access it on my Android phone, I can only play the first song I chose, when I touch on another song in the play-list, it just continues to play the first song.

I've tried contacting codecanyon without success and wondered if anyone might have a fix for this. Here is a link to the player: darkreine.com/dance.htm

Thanks in advance, the whole point of me buying this player was so that mobile users could access it easily.

Kenny

Deactivated Account
  • Forum posts: 110

Jun 14, 2013, 5:33:58 PM via Website

Hey Kenny - so I just tried it out as well on one of my phones (HTC One S) using both the standard webbrowser and firefox

On the Standard web browser only your first track plays - but for the rest it doesnt. It doesnt even seem to load the tracks because the timer always shows 00:00 even when you scroll ahead.

The player didnt even want to play the first track on Firefox. I would try and contact them again. How long ago did you contact their customer support? Did you contact them through this? http://codecanyon.net/item/html5-audio-player-with-playlist-wordpress-plugin/4919814/support

Kenny Darkreine

Jun 14, 2013, 5:46:35 PM via Website

Hi

Thanx for getting back to me. That's even worse than I thought!! Yes, I contacted Envato via their support ticket system about 18 hours ago. The actual website codecanyon.net seems to have a lot of problem with timeouts and 404's.

If there is another audio player that anyone can recommend that works with mobile devices, I'll just have to cut my losses and start all over again.

Thanx again for responding.

Kenny

Deactivated Account
  • Forum posts: 110

Jun 14, 2013, 9:46:04 PM via Website

no problem kenny - id say wait and see if their customer support will get back to you, a lot of the time youll really need to pressure them to give you a response (and I would, especially since you payed for something which isnt working).

What kind of CMS are you using for your website? I could have an ask around if someone can recommend something.

Kenny Darkreine

Jun 15, 2013, 8:44:23 AM via Website

Hi Thanx for the advice, I'll keep at them.

I don't use a CMS, I built it from scratch. It's my day job, so I can embed any player, hopefully!!

K;)

Kenny Darkreine

Jun 15, 2013, 1:14:06 PM via Website

I've had a reply from a guy called *admin edit: name removed* who is the designer of the HTML5 audio player from Codecanyon. His very short reply was, it works on his iphone, ipad and samsung and if I want any assistance, he charges 85 euros an hour!!!

So my advice to anyone thinking about using this software is don't. A few android users have tried it and it doesn't work for them.

Any suggestions for a media player that does work, would be very much appreciated.

Thanx again

— modified on Apr 4, 2014, 11:24:21 AM by moderator