Welcome to the Huawei Ascend P6 Forum (with tech specs)!

• Replies:10
  • ClosedStickied
Kris Carlon
  • Forum posts: 1,110

Jun 26, 2013, 2:50:36 PM via Website

Welcome to the Huawei Ascend P6 Forum!

This is the forum for all questions, advice, comments, tips and tricks for this device.

Tech Specs
  • Dimensions: 5.22 x 2.46 x 0.24 inches (132.65 x 62.5 x 6.18)
  • Weight: 4.23 oz (120 g)
  • Android: Android (4.2.2) Emotion 1.6 UI
  • Processor: 1,5 GHz Quad-Core Hi-SiliconK3V2
  • Display: 4.7 inches LCD, 720 x 1280 pixels
  • Camera: 8 megapixel with Autofocus (rear camera)
  • 5 megapixel with HD (front camera)
  • Internal phone storage: 8GB
  • RAM: 2GB
  • Expansion slot: Up to 32GB
  • Connectivity: Bluetooth, v3.0 with A2DP, LE
  • Wi-Fi Wi-Fi 802.11 b/g/n, DLNA, Wi-Fi Direct, Wi-Fi hotspot
  • Battery Capacity: Li-Polymer 2000 mAh
  • Networks: GSM 850 / 900 / 1800 / 1900
  • HSDPA 850 / 900 / 1700 / 1900 / 2100
Enjoy the Forum!

— modified on Jun 26, 2013, 4:56:38 PM

Follow Kris on Google+ and Twitter / Forum Rules - Recommended for new AndroidPIT members! / Important to all community members: please read before posting

Peter Duijn
  • Forum posts: 4

Jul 10, 2013, 6:33:10 PM via Website

Can we expect an upgrade soon on this device?

Pepo Korytar
  • Forum posts: 1

Aug 11, 2013, 7:15:01 PM via Website

Hi

I have a question. Does the LED light when charging work also for setting up for missed calls, sms, or iM's?

Thanks

Chris Dunn

Sep 2, 2013, 9:27:57 PM via Website

Joined Android pit just for this forum!

Love my new P6, traded a NoteII for it because of the sleek build and unique UI.
However, I have always used my mobile for spotify and general music use through headphones but as you guys probably know, the output is feeble because of the thin build of the P6.

I have accepted that if I want a stronger output from the heaphones that I would need to risk damaging the device by rooting and in all honesty, I'd rather not.

The question today is, if I were to use Bluetooth headphones where the audio is coming straight from a the bluetooth interface on the P6 as opposed to the headphone jack, would that boost the volume somewhat and allow me to hear a bit better?

Any information would be greatly appreciated!

philip sch

Sep 3, 2013, 7:28:01 PM via Website

Hello everyone. Great forum!

I bought my p6 a few days ago and i love it!

The only problem i found is that the phone unexpectedly ,from the screenlock mode, shuts off and I need to push the power button for 10 sec to make it start.
Sometimes I also find it automatically restarting asking me to add the pin when unlocking the screen.

Have anyone of you encountered this problem. I haven't updated the software on huawei's website yet, could that.be the problem?

Thanks for any advice!

Kris Carlon

Sep 9, 2013, 11:06:18 AM via Website

Hey Chris, the headphones you choose to use will (if they have their own volume control) always give you more options for volume than just standard ear-bud earphones. So the trick is to just buy the headphones you want (but try them first if at all possible). As for Bluetooth, I don't know how this would avoid the volume capping on the device unless, as you say, you rooted your device.

And Marek, I don't have our test handset here anymore so I'm hoping one of our other forum contributors can help you! What say you, guys? Anyone have a fix for Marek's Facebook sync problem?

Philip, for sure update the software from Huawei's site first - if this doesn't do the trick you might want to contact them as there's a possibility you have a hardware problem. There's a new software update (from August 22) at:

http://consumer.huawei.com/en/support/downloads/index.htm?id=7583

— modified on Sep 9, 2013, 11:06:50 AM

Follow Kris on Google+ and Twitter / Forum Rules - Recommended for new AndroidPIT members! / Important to all community members: please read before posting

frank leeuw

Sep 20, 2013, 3:02:48 PM via Website

Hello

I have the huawei P6 for 3 weeks. I found a nice device i like to buy, but it wil only work with bluetooth 4.0.
Do you kno if the P6 supports bluetooth 4.0 in the future? ore is that going to be a hardware problem?
many thanx

frank

Kris Carlon

Sep 20, 2013, 5:02:13 PM via Website

Hey Frank, so you have the P6 with Bluetooth 3.0? As far as I'm aware the Bluetooth Smart (or version 4.0) is an entirely different architecture to v3.0 and as such wouldn't be something you could simply upgrade. It might be possible to switch out the Bluetooth module from your P6 and replace it but this is another area I know nothing about. Anyone out there know more about Bluetooth and whether it's possible to update to Bluetooth Smart down the track?

MJ Tulagan

Sep 21, 2013, 6:53:27 AM via Website

Is Huawei Ascend P6 candidate for the upcoming Android 4.4 Kikat? :-)

Kris Carlon

Sep 23, 2013, 3:48:01 PM via Website

Hey MJ, with no official announcements from OEMs about Android 4.4 KitKat yet, I'd only be speculating (which may not be helpful to anyone!) but I would expect the P6 to get 4.4 as it is still a very new device and with the short time frame between the end of 4.2.2, 4.3 and the likely launch of 4.4 next month I'd say yes. But don't take my word on it! Does anyone have previous experience with Huawei's update reputation?

MJ Tulagan

Sep 24, 2013, 10:24:31 AM via Website

Thank you very much for the indulgence. :D I hope it will have Android 4.4. Your opinion was the same as mine and you're right about P6 is new and it has a big probability to have a new version of android. But I also think Huawei will release it next year since it has a custom UI and other proprietorship softwares. Well this makes me more eager to see it's performamce under Android Kitkat. Many thanks to you Kris and more power.