RE: Android Game Console?

• Replies:5
Hideyasu
  • Forum posts: 16

Mar 4, 2014, 3:00:18 PM via Website

Don't think that Android console can beat PS4 or XOne.
Nevertheless, what makes any console great is it's games. The best thing that would help both,is the cooperation between Nintendo and Google. Maybe some ports to position Android console as a conventional console.
On the other hand, I just don't like the console idea. Android has a unique advantage in terms of controller manipulations (touchscreen + gamepad). Google should exploit that! Guess new Tegra tablets can show the future of Android gaming.

Ben Roveno
  • Forum posts: 22

Mar 29, 2014, 12:29:34 PM via Website

I think the goal for Google to make Android game console is realistically achievable given that they already get the back up from many major game developers to port their games to Google's Android game console. But i have doubts that will happen because i think Google has decided to stop being a hardware company (I heard the next-gen Nexus devices will be the last devices from Google). However, given that there is still no decent video gaming console from Android camp (OUYA proved to be DOA and Shield didn't get good reception so far), there are still possibilities for Google to make video game console in the near future, just like what Microsoft did with Surface Pro just to give its manufacturer partners a blueprint to make the right Windows Tablet PCs.

wisto rearm
  • Forum posts: 15

Nov 28, 2016, 7:35:38 PM via Website

PS and XBox has strong market position... so far Android can't beat them ... but Android will create it's own market

tesss cord
  • Forum posts: 12

Nov 29, 2016, 7:32:13 PM via Website

Android will do something interesting

Niky Shelfried
  • Forum posts: 11

Feb 1, 2017, 6:27:21 PM via Website

I hope that that would be something worthy I want to believe in that