Bluetooth feedback problem on the Galaxy S3

• Replies:4
Ziv Bezalel
  • Forum posts: 1

Jul 1, 2013, 7:23:57 PM via Website

i have galaxy s3 with offical 4.1.2 firmware

when i am in bluetooth call, no matter if it is with my platronix headset or in my bluetooth car handsfree,
during a call the vocie became low and the other side can't hear me.
in the car there is a big feedback !!
only when i push "headset" button to turn off and then on the problem sloves.
it can happen a few times in the same call!!

tried to hard reset, it happend on 4.0.4, 4.1.1 and all other official versition before.

any idea?
i am about to throw the phone on the floor when it's happen!!

regards,
ziv

— modified on Mar 5, 2014, 3:58:33 PM by moderator

Schuyler Sandheinrich
  • Forum posts: 3

Mar 5, 2014, 2:23:13 PM via Website

I'm having a similar problem. The bluetooth to my car speakers stops working and it goes to the phone. I have to toggle the bluetooth icon on my phone. Very annoying. Any ideas for a fix?

Ziv Bezalel
i have galaxy s3 with offical 4.1.2 firmware

when i am in bluetooth call, no matter if it is with my platronix headset or in my bluetooth car handsfree,
during a call the vocie became low and the other side can't hear me.
in the car there is a big feedback !!
only when i push "headset" button to turn off and then on the problem sloves.
it can happen a few times in the same call!!

tried to hard reset, it happend on 4.0.4, 4.1.1 and all other official versition before.

any idea?
i am about to throw the phone on the floor when it's happen!!

regards,
ziv

Loie Favre
  • Forum posts: 877

Mar 5, 2014, 2:36:12 PM via Website

Hi guys,

Apparently the Galaxy S3 is struggling to pair with Bluetooth 4.0 or Smart Ready (BLE) apps and accessories, despite Samsung marketing the phone as Smart Ready compatible.

There are a few things you could do:

1) Perform a soft reset to delete any temporary files that may be causing the issue.

Press and hold the Power key, tap Power off, and then tap OK to turn your Samsung Galaxy S III off.
Remove the battery. After 30 seconds, reinsert the battery.
Press and hold the Power key to turn your Samsung Galaxy S III back on.
Test your device to see if the issue is resolved.

2) Remove pairing and re-pair
If restarting the phone with or without pull down the battery still unable to fix the problem, then try to remove the pairing and restart your phone again. Once the phone is on, try to re-pair the device then see whether it solved the problem.

Did either of these options work?

I2e Consulting
  • Forum posts: 15

Mar 20, 2014, 1:02:52 PM via Website

Unfortunately, I am also facing the same issue and irrespective of giving the above mentioned suggestions a try, it is still not resolved.

Jim Cottone
  • Forum posts: 2

Nov 10, 2016, 11:29:36 PM via Website

I have a GT-I9305 that I just purchased used. I also purchased an LS2 Bluetooth motorcycle helmet. They will NOT connect without installing an additional app. The vendor where I purchased the Helmet says "they work with all modern smartphones using standard Bluetooth profiles A2DP, HFP and HSP which all recent mobile phones use - maybe your phone wasn’t configured correctly?"
How can I determine if these profiles are installed, and how can I install them if they are not?
I guess I should have mentioed that the phone is running Android version 4.3

— modified on Nov 10, 2016, 11:37:38 PM