How to use Google Maps offline

• Replies:5
Loie Favre
  • Forum posts: 877

Jul 4, 2013, 6:26:40 PM via Website

Google Maps needs an internet connection in order to function, so in order to use it in offline mode, you'll need to save your maps before going offline. This can be done by following these steps:

1. Open Google Maps
2. Find the area of interest on Maps
3. Click on the Menu button and select ''Make Available Offline''
4. Now you need to select the specific area that you want to save. To did this, you can zoom in and move the page in every direction.
5. Once you've selected the desired area, press ''Done''. You will have to wait a bit until the option is activated.
6. A new window from ''My Sites'' will open showing the download process. All of your saved apps will be saved there.
7. To find your own maps, open Google Maps and click the word ''Maps'' in the top left corner. This will open up a list from which you will pick ''My Places''. It will reveal several tabs, including ''No Connection'', where are downloaded maps can be found.

And Voila! Now you can always get back to your Google Maps even if you don't have an internet connection!

ruhulamin
  • Forum posts: 6

Jul 4, 2013, 10:53:09 PM via Website

I think this post is very helpful for the people of all around the world.thanks

Jay Chew
  • Forum posts: 1

Jul 5, 2013, 8:25:34 PM via Website

Not all around the world. Offline mode only works in certain countries. =(

Rolfhu
  • Forum posts: 6

Jul 14, 2013, 5:12:20 PM via App

Jay Chew
Not all around the world. Offline mode only works in certain countries. =(
???

Loie Favre
  • Forum posts: 877

Jul 15, 2013, 10:10:45 AM via Website

Hey!

Now with the update to Google Maps, saving a map to use later offline is a little different.

Google has rolled out an update that adds in a “Make this map area available offline” card below the search box on July 12th 2013.

The first of the two Google Maps had you typing in “ok maps” for the app to save the data offline, while beforehand it was just a matter of clicking a button. You can still do this too.

Anoop Bhatia
  • Forum posts: 1

Feb 22, 2014, 7:48:11 PM via Website

Admin
I also checked same that now option is available that
Make this area available offline
But when I do it and after that I tried to cache another area
Then old cached area got removed
Suppose I have cached area of city A, but I want more offline maps and cached another area city B, but as I complete another area of city B then offline maps of city A got removed
That is my problem
Whereas in old version
All was simple just to download the desired area
Also we can download much bigger area than in new version where we can make available offline just a small area

Please tell me I want to get roll back to old version
That version where we can download area as shown in above pics
Please help me