Fresh member :-)

• Replies:3
Ivy Jovic
  • Forum posts: 3

Jul 6, 2013, 5:10:41 PM via Website

Hi everyone,

Today I became one of members. My name is Ivy, I am a mom, android fan and marketeer. For about 3 years I am Android user. Still I am having dilemma, when you use phone every day for emails, sms, chat, talk - every communication activity - I had to buy new mobile every year. Is there any trick?

:girl:

Kris Carlon
  • Forum posts: 1,110

Jul 15, 2013, 12:42:27 PM via Website

Hi Ivy, welcome to the Forums!

What is the reason you need a new phone every year? Do you wear it out that quickly? :)

Unfortunately, even if you are happy with a handset, mobile phones are designed to fail relatively quickly - planned obsolescence. But you should be able to get a good few years out of them if you're lucky, barring any unforeseen accidents. My old HTC Desire is still going strong after almost three years (although I also have a new handset and now use both!)

One of the best ways to handle new phone purchases is to try and wait until the biggest leaps are made, like when new flagship models come out or new OS releases come stock with the phone. It's also good to buy devices that have good reputations already, so you're not having endless software problems or hardware failure.

Follow Kris on Google+ and Twitter / Forum Rules - Recommended for new AndroidPIT members! / Important to all community members: please read before posting

Andrew Buring
  • Forum posts: 37

Jul 19, 2013, 10:40:09 AM via Website

HI Ivy! Welcome to the forum :)

asdf asdf
  • Forum posts: 21

Jul 20, 2013, 12:41:39 AM via Website

'sup.