How to factory reset your Samsung Galaxy Note 2

• Replies:8
  • Stickied
Kris Carlon
  • Forum posts: 1,110

Aug 2, 2013, 2:54:55 PM via Website

Here is a guide for how to factory reset your Samsung Galaxy Note 2.
Please remember to back up any data you want to keep first!

The easiest way to perform a Factory Reset is from within the menu settings:

Settings > Back up and reset > Factory data reset > Reset device > Erase everything.

Alternatively, you can type in *2767*3855# on the key pad and that will do the same thing.

Remember sometimes you don't need to go even this far to solve problems. First of all try just turning your phone off for a while, or removing the battery entirely. Sometimes something as simple as that is enough to clear up some simple problems.

But if you've tried all of these methods and are still having problems, you can try a Hard Reset, the instructions for which are here .

— modified on Jun 12, 2014, 10:37:12 AM by moderator

Follow Kris on Google+ and Twitter / Forum Rules - Recommended for new AndroidPIT members! / Important to all community members: please read before posting

The_Dork_from_Orc
  • Forum posts: 1

Aug 25, 2014, 12:35:44 PM via Website

The screen is broken on my phone and I am trading it in but want to wipe it first. Is there a way to reset it without having to see the screen?

Kris Carlon
  • Forum posts: 1,110

Aug 28, 2014, 3:35:05 PM via Website

You could try watching a YouTube video on resetting the Note 2 with the hardware buttons and follow the timing and button presses. It's not definitely going to work, but it's worth a shot.

Follow Kris on Google+ and Twitter / Forum Rules - Recommended for new AndroidPIT members! / Important to all community members: please read before posting

Jim Robson
  • Forum posts: 15

Apr 22, 2015, 4:20:45 AM via Website

Hi, I'm planning to sell my Note II and I just rooted it. Can I do a factory reset just to clean it up before selling? Thanks, Jim

Sofia H Khan
  • Forum posts: 2

Apr 23, 2015, 8:51:29 PM via Website

I tried the hard reset method but this happened and I now I don't know where I stand. Please help!!! image

Jim Robson

Apr 23, 2015, 9:39:01 PM via Website

I tried following the procedure, but it didn't erase any photos. What am I doing wrong. Thanks, Jim

Jim Robson

Apr 25, 2015, 10:42:29 PM via Website

Bump - Sorry, but I need help with this issue. Thanks, Jim

Jim Robson

Apr 26, 2015, 3:34:17 AM via Website

I found it. Sound up, Home, Power. Unfortunately it broke SuperSU and reactivated KNOX, but at least it killed the data and passwords.

— modified on Apr 26, 2015, 3:37:23 AM

meziel besarino
  • Forum posts: 1

Oct 30, 2015, 3:09:00 AM via Website

Hello i hope you can help me i have samsung note 2 from OLLEH is it ok to hard reset here in the philippines? 4.1 os , is it safe to do hard reset? Or it will lost signal if i do that? Pls help me thank you in advance