How to install custom ROM CyanogenMod 10.1 on Galaxy S2 I9100G

• Replies:3
  • Stickied
Loie Favre
  • Forum posts: 877

Aug 12, 2013, 4:08:11 PM via Website

How to install the custom ROM CyanogenMod 10.1 on Galaxy S2 I9100G

Warning: Neither AndroidPIT nor I will take any responsibility for damages. Please make sure you follow all the rules carefully without skipping any steps otherwise you could brick your phone.:(

• Ensure that your phone has been charged to at least 70%.
  • Enable USB debugging on your phone. Do this by going through all apps → Settings → Manage Applications → Development → USB Debugging → check box.
  • Backup your phone data.
  • Install the US drivers for Samsung Galaxy S2 I9100G. Either Samsung USB Drivers or Samsung Kies.
  • Before proceeding your phone must be rooted and CWM Recovery should be installed.

Download the following files to install Custom ROM for Galaxy S2 I9100G

How to install Custom ROM for your Galaxy S2 I9100G

1. Copy both downloaded files to your external SD card.
  2. Turn off your phone and boot it up again in Recovery mode by pressing and holding Volume Up, Home and Power Button simultaneously. Once you are in recovery mode, use the volumes keys to move up and down and press the Power button when you want to select.
  3. Next, you'll need to do a full data wipe of your phone by selecting ''wipe data/factory reset'' and ''wipe cache partition'' and then go to ''advanced options in CWM Recovery'' from there select ''wipe Dalvik Cache''.
  4. In the main menu, select ''install zip from SD card'', then choose ''CyanogenMod 10.1 for Galaxy S2 I9100G'' that you had downloaded and moved to your SD card. Then choose yes to confirm. It will take about 3 to 5 minutes to install the ROM so wait until it is done.
  5. Do the steps described again one more time but this time choose ''Google Apps'' instead of ROM zip file (called Custom ROM for Galaxy s2 I1900G).
  6. Finally, go back to your main menu and choose ''reboot system'', which will take about 10 to 15 minutes (this is why you should charge your phone beforehand). During this time, it will also initialize all the services and apps because this is the first time you have started the phone after having installed CyanogenMod 10.1 for Galaxy S2 I9100G. Wait until the process is complete, don't rush it or press any other buttons.
After this is done, you can pat yourself on the back! You have successfully installed the official CyanogenMod 10.1 Custom ROM for Galaxy S2 I9100G. :grin:

Jerry Tre
  • Forum posts: 3

Nov 6, 2013, 7:26:35 PM via Website

someone try this? it works?

azar
  • Forum posts: 1

Nov 14, 2013, 8:39:09 PM via App

could u plz tell me how to root and install gellybeen on my Samsung s2 HD LTE shv120l.....my bought this cell from Korea its unlocked but here in India updates are not available for it...so plz tell me the procedure plz

Andrew P
  • Forum posts: 1

Nov 19, 2013, 9:21:20 PM via Website

Have you seen the Known issues though?

CyanogenMod 10.2

Routing audio through a dock isn't supported yet
TV-Out is non-functional
GPS doesn't work in 99% of time
Phone randomly and suddenly reboots itself