Nexus 5 Speculations

• Replies:5
Rylan Parker
  • Forum posts: 9

Aug 13, 2013, 12:17:18 PM via Website

First things first, I have a Nexus 4 and I love it to the hilt and wait eagerly to hear something about the Nexus 5.

Three Possible OEMs who might make Nexus 5: LG (manufacturer of current Nexus device), Motorola (Google proprietary) or Asus (Nexus 7 tablet)

My speculated specs -

5" screen
Full HD display with atleast 475ppi
Snapdragon 800 with 2 or 3 gigs of RAM
13 MP snapper with 2MP front camera
Back-placed volume rocker and power button ( a la G2 )
Key Lime Pie out-of-the-box
2800-3000mAh Li-Po battery

Please feel free to add!

Daniel Jones
  • Forum posts: 105

Aug 16, 2013, 9:24:14 AM via Website

There are more chances that Nexus 5 will be manufactured by Moto.

Some more updates in spec
2.3 GHz Snapdragon 800 CPU
5.2' 1080p display
16/32/64 GB variant

I am Daniel Jones, Working with Kiwitech as app developer. I enjoy exploring apps on various mobile platforms.

Kris Carlon
  • Forum posts: 1,110

Aug 16, 2013, 6:16:09 PM via Website

True, but there's been Vietnamese blog rumors that it's LG all the way, although nothing is set in stone yet as far as I know. LG would make a super Nexus 5 if it's based on the G2, Motorola would have a bit further to go to base it off the Moto X (in terms of specs), but either one would produce a very interesting Nexus device. It's kind of a toss up between the biggest muscles or the smoothest experience.

Follow Kris on Google+ and Twitter / Forum Rules - Recommended for new AndroidPIT members! / Important to all community members: please read before posting

Daniel Jones

Kris Carlon
  • Forum posts: 1,110

Sep 4, 2013, 11:21:58 AM via Website

I'm sure everyone has already seen our article on Android 4.4 KitKat where Google may have also inadvertently revealed the LG Nexus 5 (or perhaps just a prototype), but if you haven't, the article is here and here's a still from the video, which Google promptly pulled, but...too late - the LG Nexus 5 may just be out of the bag already!

Follow Kris on Google+ and Twitter / Forum Rules - Recommended for new AndroidPIT members! / Important to all community members: please read before posting