How to Install Flash Player on Android

• Replies:33
  • OpenNot stickiedUnanswered

Aug 14, 2013 4:08:15 PM

You can read our article on how to install Flash Player for Android here, or you can follow the simple steps below. Let us know if you have any problems.

On your device (doesn't matter what handset or Android version), go into Security settings and enable installation from 'Unknown Sources'. You might want to remember to turn this check box back off once installation is complete.

To avoid problems installing APKs directly from your handset, we suggest transferring the required file from a PC.

On your PC, go to Adobe's archived Flash Player version page and scroll down to Flash Player for Android 4.0 archives. Select the top one on the list and, once downloaded, transfer the file to your smartphone via USB cable or Bluetooth or whatever you like.

On your handset, open a File Manager of your choice and locate and launch the Flash Player APK. Click 'Install' and that's it, you're done. Your mobile web browser needs to be able to handle Flash content however, and Chrome for Android does not (and never will), so use an alternative like Mozilla Firefox or Dolphin Browser when surfing Flash content. (Dolphin Browser first needs to have Flash content enabled however, via Settings > Page content settings > Flash Player -> Always on).

If you experience any problems, have any questions or come across anything else worth sharing, this is the forum to do it!

Aug 15, 2013 3:28:54 PM

Yep, opened the ZIP and it is a regular ZIP with normal PC type files in it. Tried downloading next older file and got the same. The mouse-over text SAYS it is an APK file but clicking on the link downloads a ZIP!! Huh???

Will try a different browser and see if that helps.

— modified on Aug 15, 2013 3:31:25 PM

Aug 15, 2013 3:34:55 PM

Well, that was the problem. Tried using Chrome and got an APK file as expected. Moral - NEVER use IE for anything important. Apparently either IE or the Adobe site sees IE and decides "Oh, you didn't really want the Android version, so I'll just automatically download the IE version for you anyway." Arrrgggg!!!

— modified on Aug 15, 2013 3:36:27 PM

Aug 16, 2013 5:48:56 PM

Hi Bill, that's the funny part, the Chrome browser on your PC has Flash support, so somehow that means that you couldn't possibly be interested in Flash for any other device! I noticed the same thing when I visited the site too. Of course, that's only if you click Downloads > Flash player. You can still navigate to the archived page yourself though.

And thanks for the Lewis Carroll kudos, the whole thing was sounding like too much nonsense and it seemed appropriate!

Aug 18, 2013 6:34:57 PM

I had no problem in following your clear instructions and was able to download and install the latest flash. However I am finding that my Dolphin Browser is continually crashing whenever I try to view a flash file, and requires a 'force stop' to restart Dolphin - are others experiencing this problem?

Aug 19, 2013 8:43:00 AM

It is very simple download android version Flash play and run it and look on you screen what information you have provide that and after some time you have successfully install your flash player on you android,Yes I think its different version of flash player for android. thank you .

Aug 19, 2013 10:55:16 AM

Hi Bill, it seems since Dolphin HD stopped supporting Flash last year there's been some issues with crashing. You can solve the problem by using a slightly older version of Dolphin browser, the APK is here. As I recall Opera also supports Flash content, so you try that too. Let me know if this works for you.

Aug 20, 2013 9:29:01 AM

I installed adobe flash on my galaxy note 10.1 and opened Firefox. When I try to stream a movie I still get a no flash player installed. Do I need to do something else?

Aug 20, 2013 10:29:26 AM

Hi Tom, have you checked your plug-in is enabled? Just go into Tools > Add-ons > Plugins and make sure that Flash Player is in the list and turned on. If it's not in the list then Firefox has not picked up on the install, meaning the file you installed is in a spot Firefox doesn't know to look for.

— modified on Aug 20, 2013 11:53:57 AM